CZ82 or bulgarian makarov

Hi all I'm turning 21 soon and I have plans to buy a handgun. I'm set on a CZ82 or a Bulgarian Makarov (priced similar and use the same round)

I'm leaning heavily towards the CZ82 because it looks better and it carries a larger magazine. But please tell me the differences/issues with them if any?

Also should being from "century arms" bother me I know they got some bad reviews.

• Like 1

Century only imports these pistols. Century build rifles are somewhat iffy, but these will all be good to go.

I personally like the Makarov better than the CZ82, but both are fine pistols. The CZ82 has the more familiar button magazine release, polygonal rifling, and is well built. The Makarov is also built like a tank. I just think the Makarov is a bit better looking. You may also consider a Polish P64, or P83 as they are also both in 9x18 and excellent pistols too.

• Like 1

The CZ is what iam going to get soon. I like bulgy maks, they just seem too small for my hands. The PA-63 is nice, auto de-cocker, but also has a history of biting the hand it feeds (slide eats your hand), sharp edges and some tool marks under the slide.

Plus the CZ has a great number of different grip choices. check this SITE

Go with the CZ first. then at another time get a bulgy mak. stay away from the pa-63.

Edited by Marrok
  • Like 1

The CZ is what iam going to get soon. I like bulgy maks, they just seem too small for my hands. The PA-63 is nice, auto de-cocker, but also has a history of biting the hand it feeds (slide eats your hand), sharp edges and some tool marks under the slide.

Go with the CZ first. then at another time get a bulgy mak. stay away from the pa-63.

I have no problems with my PA-63. I replaced the recoil and trigger springs with Wolff springs and it became a very nice, soft shooting piece. It's very light (aluminum/titanium alloy frame) and fits my hand very well. No bite or tool marks here. I often just keep it in my car.

• Like 1

I have no problems with my PA-63. I replaced the recoil and trigger springs with Wolff springs and it became a very nice, soft shooting piece. It's very light (aluminum/titanium alloy frame) and fits my hand very well. No bite or tool marks here. I often just keep it in my car.

Some of the things i read might have been done by people who dunno what their talkin about. I was lookin at the pa-63, but i think iam goin for the CZ-82. Both in my price range. Plus the cz has enough weight to knock someone out lol.

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with either, IMO.

If looks are really important to you then I would suggest you look for a Mak. Most CZ82s out there now have a decent amount of finish wear. With that being said though, the trigger on my CZ is much smoother.

• Like 1

Different animals. The CZ is a more practical and modern gun, but Mak PM is simple, rugged as hell and is a ubiquitous part of Eastern Block history. Get both. :)

^This.

I would get the more rugged PM.

You should ask your question over at www.9x18.org those guys know their shit when it comes to makarov chambered pistolas :super:

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 1