Bought the wife a new Revolver

Well,

I just bought the wife a Ruger SP101 in 357 for when Im gone. She loves it but the DA Trigger pull is horrendous. She can work it in single action fine.It looks like I'm going to have to put on my "Saiga Hat" and do some polishing or get a lighter spring for that DA pull. I dont want too light for fear of "light primer striking".

post-8235-0-77672100-1296398599_thumb.jpg

Any of you saiga guys or girls modified one of these??

Thanks

TYBOY

Wolff and Wilson Combat sell a spring kit to lighten trigger pull. Check into those.

+1. I remember what I was really wanting an SP101, a lot of reading showed that there's some easy fixes to a lighter pull.

Congrats on the purchase!

Thanks for the responses,

Looking into springs.

TYBOY

My first pistol purchase was an SP101 in .357 magnum. It still sits in the nightstand. Being able to shoot .38 Special too makes it like you get two revolvers for the price of one. I like the heavier trigger since it is my first line of defense...I'd hate to shoot the dog by accident... :rolleyes:

Bought a "like new" used one for my wife awhile back. She shoots it better than the Jframe, but sticks with her MK9 for carry and the XD45 in the nightstand. So the SP101 quickly became my main carry. They are nice little big guns, and a lot easier to carry compared to the GP100.

I've showed this in here before...did a full melt, polished it, installed a Mepro night sight, and an internal smoothing based off the GP100 IBOK. Think there is one just for the SP101 but they are similar enough.

I went down one hammer spring (10 lb) from the factory (12 lb) and left the trigger spring alone. Played around with the 9 lb but didn't really notice any difference. I picked up the Wolf spring kit from Brownell's for about ten bucks. Probably have near 200 rounds without any light strikes.

Dry fire it like crazy. You can get them super smooth, just don't go too light with the springs, especially if it is for defense.

Enjoy the SP101....it will last longer than you and your kids.

SP01NS.jpg

Bought a "like new" used one for my wife awhile back. She shoots it better than the Jframe, but sticks with her MK9 for carry and the XD45 in the nightstand. So the SP101 quickly became my main carry. They are nice little big guns, and a lot easier to carry compared to the GP100.

I've showed this in here before...did a full melt, polished it, installed a Mepro night sight, and an internal smoothing based off the GP100 IBOK. Think there is one just for the SP101 but they are similar enough.

I went down one hammer spring (10 lb) from the factory (12 lb) and left the trigger spring alone. Played around with the 9 lb but didn't really notice any difference. I picked up the Wolf spring kit from Brownell's for about ten bucks. Probably have near 200 rounds without any light strikes.

Dry fire it like crazy. You can get them super smooth, just don't go too light with the springs, especially if it is for defense.

Enjoy the SP101....it will last longer than you and your kids.

SP01NS.jpg

Thanks for the info,

That looks sweet. I'm not sure what a full melt polish is??

TYBOY