A slightly altered version of the bill has just been passed by both houses, and will be signed into law this afternoon. It stipulates that all fearmongering twits must send all magazines which are capable of holding anything more than printed text or images, directly to me, immediately

• Like 1

We have a republican controlled house. It will not pass.

Unless of course no one wants to be reelected in 2012.

Plenty of republicans voted for it in 94 and got reelected. What gun rights advocates never seem to grasp (to our own peril) is that people ARE NOT single issue voters. Also it seems like a "high capacity" magazine ban is more likely if people like Dick Cheney and John McCain have their way. Assuming there are a few more highly publicized shootings you can take some kind of ban to the bank.

What a lot of partisan guys dont understand is that people like Harry Reid, Stephanie Sandlin, Tom Perriello and several other democrats are much better on the gun issue than a great many republicans.

Remember JFK was a member of the NRA.... Just sayin.... :smoke:

Edited by bigsal

What the hell is with all the new low count posters asking "Will this or that happen? and the like?? Where are these people coming from?!? The noobs cannot even just post in established other threads. They insist on starting redundant ones, over and over, ad nauseum. :ph34r:

Edited by 690gr

What the hell is with all the new low count posters asking "Will this or that happen? and the like?? Where are these people coming from?!? The noobs cannot even just post in established other threads. They insist on starting redundant ones, over and over, ad nauseum. :ph34r:

I realize I've only been a member for six months and I don't post very often. I did search... but searches aren't always fruitful. Sorry if I offended.

• Like 1

I realize I've only been a member for six months and I don't post very often. I did search... but searches aren't always fruitful. Sorry if I offended.

Its just that we have been getting a sudden surge in this activity, which in turn, helps fuel speculation, panic buying, jacking up of prices/gouging, etc... This can become a vicious cycle and feeds upon itself, look no further than Oct 2008 to April 2009 as an example. It just galls Aesopian "ants" like me who regularly buy things (that may widely fluctuate in price) I need at preset intervals, so that I do not have to eat Ramen and peanut butter to afford the same items during a full panic.

The cynic inside me wonders if this kind of "noobie" posting here and on countless other forums is a scheme to drum up sales of items mentioned in said posts. :ph34r:

What "countless other forums" and what did I ever do to you? And I'm not affiliated with any manufacturers of any kind. If you can't be civil then please stay out of this thread.

MODS: If this thread continues to degrade with this type of silliness then please just shut it down.

Edited by Mike1234567

There are numerous threads on this in numerous sections of this forum. If it's here, it's on the other forums as well. I'm sure it's even on calguns.

I guess I should have searched other forums after I didn't find it here. If I had the ability to shut this thread down I would.

Edited by Mike1234567

There are numerous threads on this in numerous sections of this forum. If it's here, it's on the other forums as well. I'm sure it's even on calguns.

I guess I should have searched other forums after I didn't find it here. If I had the ability to shut this thread down I would.

Just looking down the list in the General Dicussion section, you can see several threads dealing with this.

We have a republican controlled house. It will not pass.

Unless of course no one wants to be reelected in 2012.

Also it seems like a "high capacity" magazine ban is more likely if people like Dick Cheney and John McCain have their way.

Cheney? WTF, he's dangerous enough with a over and under shotgun... :killer: