Many of you may have also seen the Shepherd scopes ad. It has my attention as it gives a few testimonials and stories of use in combat; most importantly without using the mall ninja buzzword phrase of "over in the sandbox" or the like to tarnish the credibility. Their core features are a mix of range finder/BDC/fast holdover/ one shot zero computing and fewer parts to take a dump mixed into one scope at a very reasonable price if you place a Leopold Mk 4, USO, or Nightforce as the competition. Now my question is do any of you have experience with these? Accurate as the hype? Are they US made? Durable? Thanks for the help.

I don't own one of the scopes, but I do have around 500 rounds through an M1A equipped with one. They are plenty durable and easy to use. Zeroing the scope was a joke and super easy. The optics are clear, but not quite on par with the uber high end stuff. I would rate the optics a solid 7.5 to 8 out of 10 for clarity and quality. But, overall it is a great scope for the money. I would not hesitate to buy one if I was in need or in the market for a new scope. Hope this helped :smoke:

Edited by GeorgiaPD

Many of you may have also seen the Shepherd scopes ad. It has my attention as it gives a few testimonials and stories of use in combat; most importantly without using the mall ninja buzzword phrase of "over in the sandbox" or the like to tarnish the credibility. Their core features are a mix of range finder/BDC/fast holdover/ one shot zero computing and fewer parts to take a dump mixed into one scope at a very reasonable price if you place a Leopold Mk 4, USO, or Nightforce as the competition. Now my question is do any of you have experience with these? Accurate as the hype? Are they US made? Durable? Thanks for the help.

I have the Shepard 6-18x40 5.56 Tactical model on my Rem-700 .223 and hit squirrels out to 800 yards on a regular basis with mine...nothing bad to say about it...

A buddy of mine runs one on his Elk rifle. Decent optic for the money, holds up to the normal beating a hunting rifle gets along with foul weather. I've never seen or heard of one used in combat though. Military Designated Marksmen and Snipers are issued optics that are way better quality so I don't know why they would replace them with a Sheppard.