Loose Gas Piston Tube???

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else's gas piston tube is a little loose when fully disassembled. I have taken off my gas block before to open up the ports and after firing about 1000 rounds post porting the tube seems a little loose when the top cover is not pressing against it. It does not seem to be an issue at the time. I dumped 300+ rounds yesterday with my MD20 with not 1 failure so I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed it being loose?

Thanks

Jason

I asked the same question and was told some wobble is good. Do you remember if it was like that when it was unfired?

I think maybe you have that confused with the op rod...(or the part referred to as the gas piston on an AK rifle).

• Like 1

I asked the same question and was told some wobble is good. Do you remember if it was like that when it was unfired?

I think maybe you have that confused with the op rod...(or the part referred to as the gas piston on an AK rifle).

Spot on, read that too quick... I'm not sure what effect if any that would have on reliability(sounds like its not causing any) as on the rifles there is a spring where you can detach the tube and it doesn't matter if its in there or not. Also some tubes have vent holes. As long as it has enough pressure to operate the action you sound good to me.

Correct, the gas tube on the shotgun doesn't do anything for gas pressure either, it's really percussion impact of the gas piston (puck) against the op rod that cycles the bolt carrier. The gas block holds all the necessary pressure.

That said....I'd rather my gas tube stay tight. It can be fixed.