Do vendors check ports?

I'm about to buy a s12 from a local dealer and I plan to look inside before I buy. I guess what I'm asking is do the vendors on this forum open up the guns and look at ports before they ship?

I'm contemplating just buying this one that's local because of the current availability issues.

Thoughts? Worst case I have to send it back for some work right?

If he let's you check the ports, the factory gas plug adjuster/remover is in the box. Use that, just don't scratch the gun before you know you want it. This would probably not happen, I'm just saying. Make sure everything is in the box that should be, expecially your factory mag.

Yeah I plan on it. Hopefully the guy doesn't have a problem with me taking a look at it. What is the best/quickest way to remove it? I need to depress the button and turn. Should I use a pen or something?

Take a small screwdriver or pen will work to hold it down, unscrew. Take a paper clip with you to check for the number of ports.

You should be able to see all of the ports by simply looking into the gas block. If you can't see a port or want to check for obstructions, bring a paper clip. Straighten it out completely, then bend the paper clip at the angle of the number 7 about an 1/8" back from the end.

Your odds are good. Alot of the problems you hear about are from people with new guns that don't break them in enough before trying cheapo ammo. If you have three unobstructed ports the gun is good after break-in, more than likely.

Going to pick it up tomorrow if all goes well. I'm nervous about looking for the ports.

Take the paper clip.....I just looked real closely at my new Arsenal S12 I got from K-var. It shoots great, even birdshot. I was curiors so I looked in the gasblock real closely with a flashlight. I could only see 2 ports no matter how hard i looked. I found the 3rd port hiding right near the hole in the gas block. Its not visual by eye but i found it with the paper clip.

Once you take off the gas plug you will see....just make sure the puck is out of the way.