Canted FSB GONE. Canted rear sight as well?

As I sight down the gun the REAR sight seems canted to me. Is that even possible? I have not twisted on this gun at all while in my shop vise working on it.

I cut the FSB off with a 6" cutting wheel on my Makita and scored the barrel slightly 1/64" maybe....far shallower than the divots milled into the barrel for the FSB, in comparison (before the Century Arms Gunsmithing Recruitment jokes start flying....).

I have a FSC47 on the way and will thread it on, and I'm thinking BUIS front and rear on a TWS dogleg and forward rail.......

This rear sight canting is worrisome though. Any tips?

7c9ddf47.jpg

70843104.jpg

Edited by alex e

Check the rear sight itself. I've had some come thru with the rear sight twisted where they tried to line them up at the factory. Looks like they just grab them with a big wrench and give them a twist, to the left usually. The little "tricks" they come up with never seem to end........

Mine was jacked up on the left side. I discovered the key hole slot (not sure what to call it) on the rear sight block was not well machined. The hole on the rear sight block that recieves the stud on the left side of the sight leaf had a little nub that did not allow the stud snap up all the way to where it should rest. I took my Dremel with a real small diamond bit and smoothed out the nub so that the leaf can sit all the way at the top of the notch.

You may have a different situation. If my ugly description does not make sense, let me know and I can take a pic and illustrate.