Anybody welded a pic rail on a dust cover with any success?

I know there are railed dust covers out there I just don't have $125 to drop on a scope mount. I also know I will have issues with the cover rattling and losing my zero. I was just wondering if and how anybody has come up with usable system. I am just looking for a low profile mounting platform that won't break the bank. I have seen the Beryl style mounts and while that is kind of the direction I want to go, I have read about zero retention issues.

Edited by spectre30

I know there are railed dust covers out there I just don't have $125 to drop on a scope mount. I also know I will have issues with the cover rattling and losing my zero. I was just wondering if and how anybody has come up with usable system. I am just looking for a low profile mounting platform that won't break the bank. I have seen the Beryl style mounts and while that is kind of the direction I want to go, I have read about zero retention issues.

I drilled and tapped my dust cover and just threw on an extra metal rail I had laying around. I used some VERY short stainless screws and locknuts underneath as well (from Lowes)....and used loc-tite to boot.

I have a Bushnell TRS 25 red dot mounted on it (this is a Saiga 7.62). This set up is ROCK SOLID. I used this rifle like this all of last year shooting 3-gun and I have NEVER lost zero with the red dot and did very, very well with my scores!!

I drilled and tapped my dust cover and just threw on an extra metal rail I had laying around. I used some VERY short stainless screws and locknuts underneath as well (from Lowes)....and used loc-tite to boot.

I have a Bushnell TRS 25 red dot mounted on it (this is a Saiga 7.62). This set up is ROCK SOLID. I used this rifle like this all of last year shooting 3-gun and I have NEVER lost zero with the red dot and did very, very well with my scores!!

Pics or it didn't happen!! But seriously, I'd like to see what you came up with.