Promag drum 10rd convert to 12rd, same size etc??

I swear I saw a video and topic some where showing that a Promag 10 and 12 rd drums where the same except the notches for shells? and it was easy to add the 2 extra notches????? Anyone seen this or done it???? I have both but thought maybe more is better? :angel: so no one wonders this is in a non ban area you know the more free part of the USA not the more dictator part! but wait its only Americans those dictator states give a hard time

Edited by Guns Are Great

Sorry you live in a anti freedom for american state! my suggestion to you is MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CSS, and Saiga E-store have the 10 rounders! I will keep mine to shoot or experiment with b/c one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush!

Sell me your 10rd drum, I am in California and not allowed to to have the more than 10 rds.

BULLSHEET!!! I LIVE IN A NON BAN STATE!!!!!!!! AND I HAVE 10\12\20 ETC.... B/C I GOT THEM WHEN THEY CAME AVAIL TO ME!!! AS IN WHEN THEY CAME INTO STOCK! MY LOCAL DEALER SAID HE WOULD HAVE PROMAG 20'S IN NEXT WEEK! BUT I HAVE THE MD ARMS 20 AND LOVE IT AND I WORRY ABOUT PROMAGS 20??????:killer: AND JUST SO YOU KNOW IF I WAS GONNA GO TO JAIL IT WOULDN'T BE A SILLY THING LIKE MAG CAPACITY!!!!:cryss: I LOVE MY FREEDOM THATS WHY I DON'T LIVE IN CALIFORNIA , NYNY, ETC...

Sorry my sarcasm was lost.

In my opinion you are asking for advice on how to perform an illegal operation, since no one in a non-ban state would buy the 10 rounder.

Edited by Guns Are Great

But yes until someone mentions these silly states i often forget some places in America aren't really American! and many americans are so politically correct and affraid that they won't share anything or state their own beliefs! Even in my state some silly sheriff wants to stop the selling of cold meds to stop meth manufacture b/c fed dollars are no longer avail for site clean up! You don't punish the innocent to prevent crime you PUNISH the criminal! and my freedom is too important! So bob I'm sorry to rain on your BATFE party my my stuff is all legit!!!!!!!!

Sorry my sarcasm was lost.

In my opinion you are asking for advice on how to perform an illegal operation, since no one in a non-ban state would buy the 10 rounder.

measuring from the rear lip were one often has to file a little= bottom of the gun magwell is ~5.25" on both drums.

depth is ~3 inches on each and width is ~ 4.75 inches each. now me giving you these measurements is for education only what you do with them is your responsibility I don't won't folks thinking I doing wrong! especially ppl who assumes everyone is out to beat the law and as the little guy on fried green maters said," you can't beat the law!" and this is a true statement!

What are the sizes if these two drums in inches? What is the diameter, and the length below the gun? Do you mind measuring for me? Thanks. I have seen these measurements somewhere but can not seem to find them.

Edited by Guns Are Great

Like it stated above, at the time it was the only drum avail., and 2nd when looking at saiga's i spoke with lsa, rjf, dfc, etac or tac 47? and several Guns america sellers, auction arms sellers, and CSS and several forums and video reviews and many other professional converters from local gunsmiths to folks in AZ, UT, NV and all gave varied opinions on the size promag drum to purchase if at all and whether or not to buy 10 or 12 rd surefires mags and/or 10 rd agp's or not??? so I bought some of each! and all have been fine except the 1 x 12rd drum spring issue which is fixed! I like having some of each some are more comfy than others for the short armed shooters in my family and didn't realize the 10 & 12's are the same either! and I saw the video mentioned above on an unnamed video site! not the forum. I may now even buy a 20 promag to give a look b/c they will 89 dollars at my dealer if i can get there the day they show b/c he will only get a few and gets some MDA's but rare?

Edited by Guns Are Great