Well not really!! http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=217951506 Im new to Saigas and purchased my first one about a month ago, since than prices seem to be going crazy with rip-off oppurtunists coming out of the woodwork. I just found it amusing/shitty that this guy is trying to get 3 grand for what you can do yourself for much, much cheaper even with the cost of unconverted 12's right now. Anyways I took my new 12 to the range yesterday and LOVED it, had many curious people checking it out and a few thought that I was shooting an AK at the pistol/shotgun only range. Can't wait to convert it and get some more shooting in!

Converted Saigas are just like anything else regarding price. A lot of people would rather pay far too much for something if they don't have to know or do anything with the thing except use it and brag that they have it. Just try selling a 90 percent finished hot-rod that only needs finishing prep and paint. You'll get half of what it's really worth.

Yea i'd rather pay more for a finished product instead of doing it myself then paying double for someone to fix what I did and finish what ever it was. But im not going to just blindly over pay.

I've renovated my house before but that is easy. If you cut or measurr wrong just grab another piece. However if I drill through the reciever wrong I can't just grab another. So for things like firearms I leave the work to professionals

i have seen some over priced things but that is frickin ridiculous! It must be that very rare romanian stock on there that raises the price like that.

I just got a Saiga 12 also. Got it about 2 weeks ago. I heard about the possibility of an ATF situation and also knew about Sons of Guns airing, so I put one on layaway at the local pawn. got it out the door for 540$. Now, I am mostly seeing them in the 600-700 ranges.

Yea i'd rather pay more for a finished product instead of doing it myself then paying double for someone to fix what I did and finish what ever it was. But im not going to just blindly over pay.

I've renovated my house before but that is easy. If you cut or measurr wrong just grab another piece. However if I drill through the reciever wrong I can't just grab another. So for things like firearms I leave the work to professionals

It's pretty hard to fuck up a Saiga conversion. Otherwise, I would have. :)

• Like 1