Legion or Izhmash?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Monster 11 Saiga

Monster 11 Saiga

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

I had the chance to buy a Saiga-12. The guy on the phone said that it was a Saiga-12 that was MADE and IMPORTED by Legion (NOT Russian American Armory and Izhmash).

What is the difference?

Is the Saiga-12 made by more than one firm?

Is it less valuable, wanted, and reliable?

Who should I buy from?

I'm a Newbie and want a Saiga-12 NIB from Izhmash!

#2 L5K

L5K

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

Guy on the phone is wrong. Legion is a branch of Izhmash. Apparently they make the "higher end" products from Izhmash. That said, I have heard that almost all newly imported Saiga's, be them rifles or shotguns, are marked Legion.

The gun itself was probably imported by Mercury Hermes in Louisville, KY.

#3 TX-Zen

TX-Zen

Снайперская винтовка Драгунова

• PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

Guy on the phone is wrong. Legion is a branch of Izhmash. Apparently they make the "higher end" products from Izhmash. That said, I have heard that almost all newly imported Saiga's, be them rifles or shotguns, are marked Legion.

The gun itself was probably imported by Mercury Hermes in Louisville, KY.

That about sums it up right there.

Z

#4 beefcakeb0

beefcakeb0

Citizen

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

I have a MADE IN RUSSIA BY IZHMASH

ARSENAL LAS
VEGAS NV USA
LEGION IZHEVSK

Edited by beefcakeb0, 10 March 2011 - 10:15 PM.

#5 Monster 11 Saiga

Monster 11 Saiga

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:13 AM

So Legion is a "division" (??) of Izhmash....ok

will the Legion still have the Izhmash logo stamped on the gun with the MADE IN RUSSIA?

#6 Nailbomb

Nailbomb

Plague-Bearer

• Super Moderator
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:15 AM

It will still have the izzy logo(triangle with arrow in it)

And yes made in rusia at the same plant/
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen.
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
George A. Romero

#7 L5K

L5K

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

Izhmash's Legion website.

#8 Raleigh Saiga

Raleigh Saiga

Master of My Domain

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:31 AM

Legion is a branch of Izhmash. Apparently they make the "higher end" products from Izhmash.

My 109BHO seems to support this. It is a three hole gun that cycled bulk pack from the stock mag straight out of the box. Fit and finish is great, and the internals took only minimal shaping and polishing to feel as good as my professionally converted gun.

#9 nattyiceking

nattyiceking

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

If it was imported by Mercury Hermes that means the right side of your receiver will have a laser-etched square mark in place of the old RAA marking.
The greatest hypnotist on the planet earth is an oblong box in the corner of the room. It is constantly telling us what to believe is real.
The greatest form of control is when you think you're free, when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars, but you think you're free.
What the human race is suffering from is mass hypnosis. We are being hypnotized by people like this: Newsreaders, politicians, teachers and lecturers. We are in a country and in a world that is being run by unbelievably sick people. The chasm between what we're told is going on and what's really going on is absolutely enormous.

#10 Joe Blasco

Joe Blasco

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

I had the chance to buy a Saiga-12. The guy on the phone said that it was a Saiga-12 that was MADE and IMPORTED by Legion (NOT Russian American Armory and Izhmash).

What is the difference?

Is the Saiga-12 made by more than one firm?

Is it less valuable, wanted, and reliable?

Who should I buy from?

I'm a Newbie and want a Saiga-12 NIB from Izhmash!

Legion is an affiliate firm of Izmash in other words a company owned by Izmash.
The guns from Legion had a better finish, wooden parts,sometimes engravings and gold inlays but that applies mainly to pistols. Legion was offering a lot of those in decorative cases as a gift. All this was targeting the high class Russian civilian market that's why rifles were always semi and pistols deact(illegal to own legally :P a pistol in commie Russia). If somebody didn't mind waiting, one could actually order the gun directly from Legion according to his specifications, barrel length, type of pistol grip,type of furniture etc. Rifles and shotguns were Izmash production, pistols were old Soviet Makarovs that were refurbished by Izmash to turn into toys, don't remember Nagants although Izmash was selling a lot of those modified to fire rubber bullets . Not sure what Legion is selling these days.
My 2c

Edited by Joe Blasco, 11 March 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#11 Monster 11 Saiga

Monster 11 Saiga

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:28 PM

So everyone recommends I get one from Legion for cheaper then the RAA for a little more?...because they are basically the same thing. with the possiblity that Legion has better QC

#12 beefcakeb0

beefcakeb0

Citizen

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:41 AM

FWIW, I have not been hearing about many "vodka specials" late;y from the Legion S12...and mine runs everything I can feed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users