So all that's missing is a barrel and receiver? I've never dealt with a parts kit. How much does it run, on average, for a reputable place to slap it all together?

Hey drew i'll take one.

wait 7.62? if not i can't buy one. :(

5.45x39

So all that's missing is a barrel and receiver? I've never dealt with a parts kit. How much does it run, on average, for a reputable place to slap it all together?

Hey drew i'll take one.

wait 7.62? if not i can't buy one. :(

5.45x39

Rifle Dynamics or Red Jacket

Swap the gas tube and build a 105 if you live in a non NFA state!

74=5.45

I want one so bad, but of course, I'm broke.

For sake of discussion.....is it possible to install the folding mechanism, but leave the stock itself unattached? In other words, could you run it as a non-NFA pistol (assuming you used a virgin receiver), then once the stamp comes back, just install the stock onto the folding mechanism?

For sake of discussion.....is it possible to install the folding mechanism, but leave the stock itself unattached? In other words, could you run it as a non-NFA pistol (assuming you used a virgin receiver), then once the stamp comes back, just install the stock onto the folding mechanism?

That is exactly what I'm gonna do... build a pistol.

(Not sure about swapping the registration from pistol to SBR..)

That or get a different gas tube and make an AK-105...

If you build in a pistol form, it cannot be able to accept a stock. what to do is use an ak74 rear trunnion cut the tang, then weld a flat plate to fill receiver hole. When you decide to go SBR you can remove then drill one more rivet hole and cut out for folder trunnion and install. It is a job for a more advanced builder. or outsource it

That is exactly what I'm gonna do... build a pistol.

(Not sure about swapping the registration from pistol to SBR..)

That or get a different gas tube and make an AK-105...

No problem going from pistol to SBR. It's what most people do with AR pistols; rock it as a pistol until the stamp comes in, then throw a stock on it.

If you build in a pistol form, it cannot be able to accept a stock. what to do is use an ak74 rear trunnion cut the tang, then weld a flat plate to fill receiver hole. When you decide to go SBR you can remove then drill one more rivet hole and cut out for folder trunnion and install. It is a job for a more advanced builder. or outsource it

True. I forgot about the "readily accept a stock" part. I wonder if there's something you can leave out to not make it "readily accept a stock", but still be something anyone at home can do, once the stamp comes back, to install the stock.

what about the barrels.i thought it was a living hell to find the correct type for the build.has there been a break through on this?i would really like to know as it has been the main reason i have held back on having a build,even despite the prices of the kits.....man if i only knew a few years ago what i do now.you used to be able to get a kit WITH the barrel for $300 :ded:

what about the barrels.i thought it was a living hell to find the correct type for the build.has there been a break through on this?i would really like to know as it has been the main reason i have held back on having a build,even despite the prices of the kits.....man if i only knew a few years ago what i do now.you used to be able to get a kit WITH the barrel for $300 :ded:

I never saw Russian Krink kits priced that way. Ever.

I seen the bulgy and yugo kits at 350.00 but at that time other kits went for less then 80.00 with barrel.

Edited by madmax4x4

i never said they were russian.if you need to be so perfectly informed on about products of years past;most were yugo and some bulgy.most 7.62x39 and some 5.45x39.all i was getting at is this stupid foreign barrel ban has really screwed up alot for us gun people,so i was just throwing the "used to be" comparason out there......now for the REAL IMPORTANT matter is,what options do we have for getting the correct barrel type for this build?anybody have a source cause this would be deciding factor for me on getting a kit which i would sooo much love to SBR paperwork and have an awesome kalashnikov :super:

• Like 1
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.