Help

I can't get my gas tube out. I unlatched the lever holding it in place, and I go to pull it out, and it just jams against the junction where it meets the receiver. I didn't try knocking it out or prying it because I don't want to damage it....

Thoughts?

Help

I can't get my gas tube out. I unlatched the lever holding it in place, and I go to pull it out, and it just jams against the junction where it meets the receiver. I didn't try knocking it out or prying it because I don't want to damage it....

Thoughts?

Sometimes you have to play with the latch back and forth a bit to find the "sweet spot" to get it to pull out.

ORRRR

You might have forgotten to take out the piston?? I KNOW, it does happen though.

Okay, assuming you've lined up the vertical surface of the gas tube with the vertical surface of the latch lever, you should able to slide in the tube without obstruction and the thing ought to slip in place,with the lever locking into a notch in the gas block upon rotation pin..

Okay, assuming you've lined up the vertical surface of the gas tube with the vertical surface of the latch lever, you should able to slide in the tube without obstruction and the thing ought to slip in place,with the lever locking into a notch in the gas block upon rotation pin..

yeah, assuming the above you might actually have to give it some ooomf, dork.

Use the screwdriver in the tool kit to slide under the tube and pry it up. the first couple of times are tough. A year after I bought my saiga I am finally able to get the gas latch undone without using the cleaning tube.

yeah, assuming the above you might actually have to give it some ooomf, dork.

Yeah, sometimes a little leverage helps.