New to HK sights - shooting way too high

I have the Chaos rail (really well built), but I am not used to using HK sights and I am shooting way high.

When set at 1 (open) I am hitting head=shots when aiming lower torso when post is flush with notch.

Is the front post adjustable? Are their different sized posts. I had a couple of people at the range take a look, but they were not familiar with the HK sights. (I have it sighted perfectly with red dot -so I am not jerking shots etc.)

It is probably something simple/stupid, but I am most mostly a pistol/AR guy and could not get it right.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I too bought a Chaos rail with the HK sights installed. I have the tri rail on my gun already. My hard sights are so accurate though that I haven't wanted to cut them off. I have tried to drift them out but they don't move so I will have to cut them out per the instructions. In ohter words once I cut them there is no going back. I have been watching this thread and hoping someone would come out and tell you that they had installed them and there wasn't any problem....but I have not heard that. I would like to hear something...

It doesn't change anything to keep rotating it counter clockwise?? Don't know why Cameron hasn't posted???

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

I have the Chaos rail (really well built), but I am not used to using HK sights and I am shooting way high.

When set at 1 (open) I am hitting head=shots when aiming lower torso when post is flush with notch.

Is the front post adjustable? Are their different sized posts. I had a couple of people at the range take a look, but they were not familiar with the HK sights. (I have it sighted perfectly with red dot -so I am not jerking shots etc.)

It is probably something simple/stupid, but I am most mostly a pistol/AR guy and could not get it right.

Thanks

The settings are machined at different elevations, these sights are designed with windage adjustment, but you may have play around with your front sight post. These are H&K style sight and do require a little tweaking sometimes. Most installs right on the money, people call me all the time amazed how close they are out of the box.

Cameron, Can you tell me what the 4 different setting are exactly? I just installed my xtended quad last week. Also i noticed a little paint chip and i was wondering how durable the finish is supposed to be.

Thanks

The settings are machined at different elevations, these sights are designed with windage adjustment, but you may have play around with your front sight post. These are H&K style sight and do require a little tweaking sometimes. Most installs right on the money, people call me all the time amazed how close they are out of the box.