Nice wood, Ironwood's is it? what heppend to this PSL's muzzlebrake ?

Now thats cool, whats the barrel length ? di you make that sight ? nice job btw

Yes, the Grip and buttstock is Ironwood, the Handguard is from some place else.

The Muzzle brake was cut off. I see no need for it. I want to use this rifle for hunting. (so I do not want a muzzle brake)

Barrel is 20"

I am considering cutting it down to 18.

The sight is the original sight chopped down and re-welded to the gas block.... Its a home job, but it works...

The Muzzle brake was cut off. I see no need for it. I want to use this rifle for hunting. (so I do not want a muzzle brake)

:super:

That way if you miss, the FREAKIN MUZZLE BLAST will kill what you're hunting :lolol:

PSL looks good though, nice work.

Z

I hunt with PSL, its a little heavy to carry around,so its my blind/treestand gun.Making it shorter wont make it a "brush" gun , brake has a purpose as Zen mentioned it reduces muzzle blast and recoil too. Have you shot it before cutting the barrel? It would be interesting to hear if you fill the difference

I hunt with PSL, its a little heavy to carry around,so its my blind/treestand gun.Making it shorter wont make it a "brush" gun , brake has a purpose as Zen mentioned it reduces muzzle blast and recoil too. Have you shot it before cutting the barrel? It would be interesting to hear if you fill the difference

Yes, I shot it for a while before i shortened the barrel. The recoil is not an issue with a shorter barrel, the muzzle blast is a little bigger though. :) I can roast whatever I am hunting right after it gets shot.

This is what the PSL use to look like before:

IMG_2089.jpg

Well went to the range this morning. Shot the PSL plus some other guns.

The scope is awsome. The optic clarity is not as good as some scopes like S&B or Nightforce and there is defenetly some paralax to fight with. Other then that the adjustments and the quality is great.

I did the box test and it performed flawlessly. I do not have a picture of that. However you can see the 1st target that I shot. First two shots were to see where the scope was hitting. Once I established that I quickly adjusted it and shot dead on.

Mind you that I am shooting some Hungarian surplus ammo..... It performed exceptionally.

After this target I did the box test. And after that I tried some more different kinds of ammo. Polish, Yugo...

Yugo was the worst. It shot almost a 12" lower and 2" Left then the Hungarian ammo, and Polish was shooting 4" down and 3" Left..... Wierd. But that shows you the difference in loads.

2011-03-19_12-23-17_378.jpg

Overall I am thrilled about this scope, and the performance of the rifle at 100YD it shoots almost as good as my ARs

Now I am waiting for ELK season to start... Watch out!

Edited by Deussne