UTG or Ultimak rail

I want a picatianny rail for a dot sight. I dont think I need all the rail space on the sides and bottom of handguard. My assumption is the UTG handguard would make the dot sit higher and the foregrip alot wider than the Ultimak rail and a CSS handguard (non railed). Please make a recommendation on which one and why.

Of all the picatinny rail options the UltiMak is probably the lowest and one of the few, if not only top rail only options. The other option would be to use a mount only style that fits in the rear sight dovetail for a Docter/clone style optic.

http://ultimak.com/M11-L.htm

http://www.randrtargets.com/images/product_images/saiga_open_red_003.jpg

+1 for Ultimak. I have one and like it. But as per other posts, you need to be able to drill and tap to fit the rail. Rail is pricey and my cheap Chinese metric taps SUCK and good taps will cost you a little, so figure unless you already have metric taps your rail will end up costing you a bunch more than a quad rail forearm. On the upshot, it keeps the guns lines clean and uncluttered. Been thinking of posting some pics in the next few days...

Rob

Edited by whoizrob

i have a Snap-On Tap and Die set but meh it cost me more then the s12 lol

i do all my gun work on this

30441_1209561179031_1828775894_403547_4786437_n.jpg

excuse the mess its surprising how many mechanic tools work perfect for guns.

anyway dont be afraid of drilling and tapping the bead its easy you dont need a press