I am turning my Glock 22 into an open class race gun. I was wondering if anyone has done this. If you have any Ideas or have done this your help will be appreciated. I'm going to get a new barrel, a comp, red dot and magwell. What else will I be needing. Thanks for any help.

CCF Raceframe in stainless have one on my 24 works great to add weight and you can pick between 2 grip profiles. here it is on my 17L. used the left over frame on the carbine. ordering a red dot this week myself, be my 2nd try at optics on a pistol in 20+ years 1st time was a regular 2X scope on a 1911, that was a screw up.

post-26137-0-66805700-1301316436_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a few people up to the house this last Sunday to do a little shooting.

Friend of my son wanted to shoot a Glock before he decides if he's going to buy a Glock, he wants the 21 / 45 ACP, don't have one but have several 9s and 40s. He's a smaller sized guy and I don't know if the larger frame will fit his hands but it's his call, he got to feel the Glock trigger pull on what I had compared to a 1911 trigger (pretty much all I own Glocks and 1911s). I really pushed the idea of a Glock 22 to him as a better choice. :angel:

Also the son's girlfriend wanted to try a 380 Colt Pony as a possible purse carry gun. :cryss:

When the shooting ended everyone agreed the easiest pistol to shoot of the things we had out was the Glock 24 with the CCF stainless frame and the red dot (gee imagine that you get better hits with a red dot and a 50oz + pistol doesn't have much recoil). :lolol:

The guy still wants to look at the 21 and the girlfriend likes the Glock 19 now for a possible carry. :super:

The other finding was if you really aren't a very good shot a Saiga shotgun with hi cap mags will let you knock down all the beer cans that you just missed with a pistol. :lolol:

Keep us up to date on your 22 project.

post-26137-0-38910200-1304439697_thumb.jpg

Edited by 20-Mags

I am turning my Glock 22 into an open class race gun. I was wondering if anyone has done this. If you have any Ideas or have done this your help will be appreciated. I'm going to get a new barrel, a comp, red dot and magwell. What else will I be needing. Thanks for any help.

Ghost rocket trigger kit will drop your pull weight down to 3lbs and a reset similar to a 1911,you can get the whole kit in Brownells

I'm still out of town working right now but I will keep you guys updated on it. I should be ordering everything next week depending on when my work will let me go home. Thanks for all the advice.