HELP! near end of conversion, hit roadblock!

hey, guys. i have been through a load of crap dealing with this conversion. ive taken advice from everywhere i could find, and found that i must have the single most difficult conversion setup known to civilized man!!! im not going to list all the problems ive had until after i finish and post my results.

but here is my current problem- the bolt that came with the internal stock adapter i bought is IN THE WAY OF THE SPRING GUIDE!!! as you can see from the pics, the spring guide cannot go back all the way, and neither can the final plate-cover clap back onto the receiver( the last part needed to finish the completion of the receiver). any ideas on what i can do? find another bolt maybe? modify the existing bolt? im so close to the end, and now im stuck again.

the yellow-circled in the picture is what im talking about. to anyone who has completed a conversion before, i would think the blockage would be obvious. im a first timer tho...

post-32330-0-68068500-1301351922_thumb.jpg

post-32330-0-33444000-1301351931_thumb.jpg

Wrong screw (use the original)

problem- everything is together. pistol grip, fcg, hammer, everything. self-modified nut that i used for that bolt is currently installed in said internal stock receiver. not the nut for that skinnier bolt. i guess ill have to figure this out for myself. i went through all kinds of self-mods just to get the damn contraption together, and i am NOT taking it all back apart. i have run into problems that werent previously mentioned with every single conversion that i have found or used for my benefit. anyway, thanks for helping. im either going to replace the current bolt, using the same size bolt, which ill then have to grind down to fit the conversion i have. nothing new there.

and ill add one last thing- what USE is a bolt that will NOT FIT? why must everything be altered to fit? is there no one out there who has a simple product for a simple solution? is that asking too much???

Edited by dropdeadfred

I'm confused. What skinnier bolt are you talking about? Did you use a larger screw than the one that came with the part? That wuold be why it's sticking out like that. As said though, you should get a button head cap screw. Go to a hardware store and look at the near limitless possibilities of combinations for thread pitch, length, head type and then remember those are all available in every single type of drive too. A screw is not simply a screw, there are so many variables when dealing with them. Proper size is everything.

Does he need a button head machine screw or a flat head? I'd imagine a flat head would allow for a more flush fit with the trunnion.

If that socket head machine screw came from the manufacturer, I'd take it up with them for sending a bad part. If it is a user-fitted replacement, the user made an easily foreseeable mistake.

Edited by DrThunder88

Does he need a button head machine screw or a flat head? I'd imagine a flat head would allow for a more flush fit with the trunnion.

If that socket head machine screw came from the manufacturer, I'd take it up with them for sending a bad part. If it is a user-fitted replacement, the user made an easily foreseeable mistake.

thanks for the help guys. i got this setup from css. the first screw that came with it was some dinky little brass screw, with a tiny nut. didnt seem sturdy enough for me. the second screw, the one pictured, is the other one that came with the set, and has too large a head for the job. all in all a crap buy, and one that ive bickered with with the owner of css. long story short, i either bought this part while i was too tired to see what i was buying, or i was shipped the wrong part from what i thought i purchased from the site. thanks again. hopefully i can find something that will work. had problems before trying to find a match that would work perfectly. i think ive had more problems with my conversion than any other person on here or any other site. just bad luck, ill-taylored advice, or plain idiocy on my part, ive had it all.

Do you have a photo of all the included parts? Maybe that would help figure out what's happening. This may not be the first time CSS goofed up, but it would certainly be the first instance I've heard of.

According to CSS's

, the screw that goes through the trunnion is, in fact, a 10-32 button head machine screw.

Just go to Lowes and get a button head screw like some here have suggested. I used them when I installed my romanian wire side folder and had to grind it down a little to let the recoil spring fit in. No other problems. Easy fix.