I picked up a 5.45 to do a full conversion AK100. The rifle was purchased threw RSR Group. On arrival and inspection I received one that had the RAA stamp removed by a crewed engraving technique that looks like a block on the right side and a new importer stamp located on the left side Mercury Hermes. I new i would need to deal with this and have on several Kvar S-12's I have seen in the past few months. What amazed me was who ever repainted the gun did such a poor job with no care. I say repainted and I mean this look like a Earl Schieb paint special for those who have never seen this it was or is a 99.99 special and they mask the windows and spray it. Any how it will be taken care of like always just wanted to say how amazed I am at the lack of not even detail but just poor QC.

Jim

They are Russians and they are making AK's. Not even any AK's, but a short run of butchered AK's with ugly stocks and horrible triggers. Aesthetics aside the rifle functions, right? That's what they strive for over there.

how much will you give me to take that wreck off your hands?

hmmm... I wonder if this is one of those pretty AR boys... All dem rails for tac stuff! Gotta keep it clean or it gets mad!

I kid!

Oh yes I am one them pretty AR boys.

I have built many AK's boys, I have built many Saiga's my point is that if a company is going to remove the importer stamp and then repaint the flipping rifle take some care in doing so. Few have access to a blast cabinet, park tanks and then re finish with a Duracoat etc. Painting the hole gun and I mean the hole gun stock and HG but leaving the selector lever in place makes it a bit more work for some. I was just making a observation.

I think I may have a little Experience in the AK realm boys.......

Here are some pretty AR's

PICT0058.jpg

PICT0070.jpg

So you dont think I am pulling shit off the net.

PICT0045.jpg

PICT0140.jpg

PICT0170.jpg

PICT0123.jpg

PICT0223.jpg

PICT0126.jpg

PICT0122.jpg

Remember that AK 105 in the back ground

PICT0115.jpg

PICT0116.jpg

DSCN0155.jpg

DSCN0154.jpg

Oh here is the one AR15 I promised you!

It's a Adams Arms 5.45 Complete upper Topped with a ACOG TA01NSN, DD Omega Rail Troy BUIS and more. I shoot

PICT0050.jpg

Wait this is when I feel like going EOtech on there ass

PICT0047.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Exact same issue here.

I just bought a Mercury/Hermes 5.45 Saiga. The finish was REALLY bad. The paint was peeling around the rivets and you could see it had been re-sprayed with the safety installed.

This isnt Iszmash's finish, this is the importer spray painting the guns after it applies the import marks (which look like complete crap). I have spent more time fixing the import marks/removing the crappy paint job than I anticipate spending on the conversion.

Edited by tjf
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...