Another ambi mag release

So does it work OK? I had one of the ambis that CSS sells and it had enough mass to actually drop a mag while shooting. Dont ask me how but it would drop a mag on me constantly and I made sure I wasnt accidently hitting it. Took it out and the problem went away. Maybe JT would make a lefty of his version. Unless you wanted the ambi option.

It works fine. It actually drops down just a little with a mag inserted. It can be manipulated with either the trigger finger or middle finger.

I replaced a JT extended release with this one. I like it better because of the placement of the "pad". It could be be a result of being familiar with the extended 10/22 releases, this one merely mimics those. The only reason we did it was because Nuckols is left handed and we didn't like the existing designs.

I did about the same thing. My release is a little further forward to make sure that release was intentional. I like it, but when I do mag drills I sometimes find the gun hard to hold on target while reaching to hit the release with my middle finger. I get wobbly. If I use my index, no problem. If I wanted to do my mag releases with the support hand, I would make one out of 3/4" by 1/8" aluminum mabybe 1 34" long and straight, with a rounded end. I think it is cleaner and nicer than the style the vendors sell, and I have $2.99 into aluminum for it and the trigger guard. It is more than sturdy enough and I like the looks.

Also, there is absolutely no issue of dropping mags under reciol with mine. Very little mass is added, It takes a light but deliberate movement of about 3/8" torelease. It hasn't dropped with 15 pellet 00 mag loads so it's good to go.

0215111912b.jpg

0215111912d.jpg

Edited by GunFun