Anyone here have experience with the UTG quad rail?

When I installed mine yesterday, there is a gap from the bottom and top pieces. Is that the way its supposed to fit or is it supposed to be flush against each other.

Thanks

a small gap is no big deal. when i had mine installed here is what i found.

1. if i wrenched it down so there was no gap I found that the top was putting pressure on my gas tube. i realized this two ways. the marks on my gas piston and the fact that my charging handle would not go completely closed on its own.

I found that it was better to tighten the screws snug then tighten the rear two first checking to be sure that i had free movement of the charging handle and gas piston. Next i would tighten the front two screws again working the charging handle until i feresistancence. i then back these two screws off quarter turns until the piston and charging handle performed without assistance.

Now to be clear i would not pull the charging handle to the rear and let it slam shut. instead i would guide to its last half incoperationation and let it go if it fell into place then good to go but if it held up i would back off the front screws. hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I believe you are correct. I was planning on adding the pistol grip so I wanted to include as many USA made products. I believe that a pistol grip and a USA made magazine would be 922r compliant, I just want to be a bit safer.

I believe you are correct. I was planning on adding the pistol grip so I wanted to include as many USA made products. I believe that a pistol grip and a USA made magazine would be 922r compliant, I just want to be a bit safer.

The way I understand it, adding a US made pistol grip DOES NOT count for 922r, as the Saiga rifle is not imported with one, or a muzzle device. So adding US or foriegn parts of that nature does not apply.

I could be misinformed. That is how I read it and it was explained to me by another as such.

The way I understand it, adding a US made pistol grip DOES NOT count for 922r, as the Saiga rifle is not imported with one, or a muzzle device. So adding US or foriegn parts of that nature does not apply.

I could be misinformed. That is how I read it and it was explained to me by another as such.

If you add any pistol grip, the rifle is no longer in the "sporter" configuration. Adding a pistol grip adds one 922r part for a total of 15. With a U.S. pistol grip, and U.S. mags, 1 more U.S. part is still needed for 922r compliance.

I does count against you if you have not met the 10 foreign parts or less rule. But if you put a US made fire control group and a US made butt stock that takes your Foreign parts down to 10. Now you can add a US made pistol grip and it won't affect your parts count.

Look at this handy guide to help you understand: jobson.us/922r/ I took off the http:// so it is not a link just copy and paste in to your browser.

From what I read is that adding a pistol grip and buttstock should be 2 compliance parts but because the saiga doesn't come with a pistol grip, it only counts as one compliance part. Adding a USA made magazine counts as 3, so by doing that, your rifle is now 922r compliant.

Tapco T6 + USA magazine = 4 compliance parts. That would definitely make the rifle legal since the Saiga rifle comes with 14 imported parts.

If you add any pistol grip, the rifle is no longer in the "sporter" configuration. Adding a pistol grip adds one 922r part for a total of 15. With a U.S. pistol grip, and U.S. mags, 1 more U.S. part is still needed for 922r compliance.

Thank you for the correction. I posted a simmilar comment in a different thread......I now understand better how it works!

• Like 1