Trigger hole to small or Tapco FCG to big?

Disregard. I took a few thousands off the front of the receiver hole and my trigger now pivots like a see-saw! :super:

I am mid conversion and I ran into a snag. My trigger won't pivot if the axis pin. It looks like the trigger is hanging up on the front of the trigger hole. Anybody else run into something like this?

Opinions: Make the hole bigger or grind the FCG?

Thanks!

Edited by Javelinadave

Disregard. I took a few thousands off the front of the receiver hole and my trigger now pivots like a see-saw! :super:

I am mid conversion and I ran into a snag. My trigger won't pivot if the axis pin. It looks like the trigger is hanging up on the front of the trigger hole. Anybody else run into something like this?

Thanks!

Grind.

Here is what it's supposed to look like

Thanks!

Grind.

Here is what it's supposed to look like

I got it covered but you picture is of the hammer. My issue was with the trigger but thanks.

I was happy to get it all put together. The BHO spring was very easy and grinding the hammer was not a problem. As I pushed in the second axis pin I realized that I didn't have anything to hold them in place. Now I have to wait for my Shepherds Hook to show up.

I have built several AR's and poo-pooed AK's. After completing this conversion project I am enamored by the AK simplistic design. I need an AK next and can't decide if I want to buy something built or do another Saiga conversion.

Once I get the axis pins secured I'll post some pictures.

I am new to the forum and finally picked up my first Saiga 12's last week. I have not fired them and decided to convert one right away. I bought the Tapco G2 trigger group from Carolina and the Tromix DIY trigger guard. I have been fighting with this thing for about 8 hours. I can't get the trigger to work right. What seems to be happening is that the trigger doesn't move enough. I does hit in front on the little bump on the front of the trigger. Is this the same issue as posted by javelinadave? Should I remove material from the receiver or the trigger?

I am new to the forum and finally picked up my first Saiga 12's last week. I have not fired them and decided to convert one right away. I bought the Tapco G2 trigger group from Carolina and the Tromix DIY trigger guard. I have been fighting with this thing for about 8 hours. I can't get the trigger to work right. What seems to be happening is that the trigger doesn't move enough. I does hit in front on the little bump on the front of the trigger. Is this the same issue as posted by javelinadave? Should I remove material from the receiver or the trigger?

I noticed a few had that. File a small amount off the front right corner of the trigger where it is binding against the receiver. That will allow it to move freely.

the trigger was actually hitting dead center front. I took some material off of the receiver with the dremel. Trigger works nice a free now. However, when I intially put it together, the trigger wasn't sitting properly and I had ground too much off of the safety lever before I realized it. Just ordered new one from Carolina. After all the trial and error at first, I think these are definately easy to install so long as you know the "gray" areas that are not in the video or instructions :rolleyes:

I here ya. I thought of that after. I only needed to remove very little and it doesn't look bad. I will definately grind some off the trigger on my next one. This was my first conversion and I didn't realize that some of the parts still may require mods even though they are specific to the 12.

^_^

I'm in the middle of my conversion on 7.62 rifle and I may have the same issue, when i put the trigger in, the corner of it hits the receiver....is this what you guys are experiencing? It's ok to grind that corner off of trigger a little bit to clear it? I took a photo and circled the part that gets hung up.

I'm in the middle of my conversion on 7.62 rifle and I may have the same issue, when i put the trigger in, the corner of it hits the receiver....is this what you guys are experiencing? It's ok to grind that corner off of trigger a little bit to clear it? I took a photo and circled the part that gets hung up.

Yes.

That and the center section a touch on some.

I'm finding that due to the panic buying of the saigas the Tapco Singlehooks the last couple months have actually been doublehooks with the right hook cut off.

I've had to take off material on both the center front & the bottom front right corner where the right hook used to be (where you circled) on a few lately for them to pivot in local people's guns that I was helping them with.

I assume Tapco cut the right hook off to substitute until more single-hooks are made just so people at least have a trigger to convert with.

As long as it's done properly there's no difference minus the extra hook.

Like Spartacus & Greg mentioned, modify the trigger rather than the receiver.

Yep, I had it happen twice. A .223 and the 5.45x39. First time freaked me out. Second time it was like clock work. Iike stated above, a little work with a flat mill file on the front of the trigger opening and oh ya! I've done 4 mods using double hook and one single hook. No problem with a dremel. Sounds like you have it handled.

Frosty

:killer: