So Im Going For The S12 EXP 01-030 look

would this part from K-VARSG-142_i.jpg

hook up to the Dinzag ak gas system?post-2093-1191557063_thumb.jpg

I also want to get a magwell..which is best?

i want to make it as close to the real thing...still trying to find one of these stocksSVDS_FoldingStock.jpg

i'll probably have to go to Russia for that tho.

I just want to make sure these parts are not a pain to install before I order them

thanks

The gas system is completely different so that FSB /GB combo from K Var won't work with a regular adjustable gas system on an S-12.

I spoke with K Var the other day on the phone about these parts though, and they are supposed to be getting the rest of the parts that do work with it, in a couple of weeks. You'll need a new gas piston, a different puck, and gas tube.

The SGM magwell looks the most like the Russian one.

Dude there are still PLENTY left......for now.... I believe the invoice numbers are still under 100.... wink.gif

I know I can't wait to get mine. It was well worth having to sell two of my Saigas to be able to order it.

The gas system is completely different so that FSB /GB combo from K Var won't work with a regular adjustable gas system on an S-12.

I spoke with K Var the other day on the phone about these parts though, and they are supposed to be getting the rest of the parts that do work with it, in a couple of weeks. You'll need a new gas piston, a different puck, and gas tube.

The SGM magwell looks the most like the Russian one.

If thats true it is very good news.

The bad news is that it will probably cost about 300 bucks all together.

It's a fixed gas system, no adjustment, right?

Fixed yes, self regulating is a better description.

Z

Interesting. Any insight on how it goes about regulating the gas flow?

If it works, and works very well I could see this GB being a game changer.

Edited by TwentyNizzo

I don't have any firsthand knowledge unfortunately, I've just been able to talk to some people that have tested them. Can only speculate on the gas system being a game changer, there is an autoplug on the market right now but people still seem to go ape sh*t over this or that manual plug instead.

I do know I'm looking forward to getting my hands on my 030, it will answer a lot of questions I have about the design and engineering. I'm sure it will be fun to shoot too :)

Z