Any info on this grip?

I just got this grip from gun broker and for 13 dollars it seemed like a steal. It looks like a Mako that is on the market for around 30bucks.

Does anyone know where its made or anything about it? I saw that some mako grips are made in Isreal but thats about all I can find out. Theres no markings on it that I can go by. Any info would be great.

post-31894-0-30056500-1303317975_thumb.jpg

post-31894-0-22967900-1303318012_thumb.jpg

post-31894-0-41443400-1303318034_thumb.jpg

I'll be surprised if a cleaning kit fits in there, they dont fit in the huge cavity of a SAW grip.

It does look like the Mako, what makes you think it is not?

EDIT; I see the difference(s) now...

MAKAG47S_1.jpg

Could just be an older version of the Mako. If you look at the pic i posted and yours, you'll see alot of little similarities between them, aside from the most obvious.

I have no other info on it, sorry.

Edited by Mullet Man

Dont know anything about it either. But I like it. nice find. Is that part with the round hole for the cleaning kit?

They say its for batteries. I dont have much use for batteries on my rifle. Ill probable just leave it out and keep the extra space. Maybe make a little SHTF cleaning kit, theres alot of room in there.

If you can't find any U.S. markings on it, just treat it as a foreign made pistol grip. Just make sure you have enough compliance parts.

Hell chevyman, I mean drilling a hole in a brush from a cheap cleaning kit and tying a string to it. Maybe a tiny bottle of hoppes#9. Something silly like that could work very well in a pinch. Especially since I dont have a cleaning rod. With a little weight on the end of the string, I think it would work beutifully.

QUESTION ANSWERED: I contacted a Mako rep and she said all mako products are made in Isreal, by FAB defense. Also she said there are Chinese knock offs, I dont really care which, the thing is solid as a rock and feels real nice in my hand. Even if its chinese, I still got a good deal. Its way nicer and better made than the tapco SAW grip im using now.

Edited by Boomsick42

If you can't find any U.S. markings on it, just treat it as a foreign made pistol grip. Just make sure you have enough compliance parts.

Hell chevyman, I mean drilling a hole in a brush from a cheap cleaning kit and tying a string to it. Maybe a tiny bottle of hoppes#9. Something silly like that could work very well in a pinch. Especially since I dont have a cleaning rod. With a little weight on the end of the string, I think it would work beutifully.

QUESTION ANSWERED: I contacted a Mako rep and she said all mako products are made in Isreal, by FAB defense. Also she said there are Chinese knock offs, I dont really care which, the thing is solid as a rock and feels real nice in my hand. Even if its chinese, I still got a good deal. Its way nicer and better made than the tapco SAW grip im using now.

The brush idea is great. good thinking. It would be great for a quick scrub through when you arent able to do a thorough cleaning. And I agree, the tapco grips are just cheap and feel cheap.

The brush idea is great. good thinking. It would be great for a quick scrub through when you arent able to do a thorough cleaning. And I agree, the tapco grips are just cheap and feel cheap.

Funny, I like the Tapco M249 grips much more then the MAKO and such. Either is an improvement over original AK grips though.