My new saiga 223

Hello

I am Joe, i am from France and i have just bought a saiga in 223.

I have registered me on this forum in order to speak with the other Saiga owner.

does anyone know the promag 30 round for saiga?

They are realy cheaper than saiga magazins.

Edited by JOE81

The majority of people on this site don't care for Promag magazines. Are Surefires/SGMs available ? I'd go that route, or Saiga mags if you can get hi-caps you want.

You have access to factory 30 saiga mags! On this side of the pond we really dont. If somehow one makes it over here its going to cost over 100 bucks. Sure at 57 dollars its steep but unlike a promag its probably not going to break on you. Theres a reason why so many of us have installed bullet guides and use bulgarian 5.56 mags, galil, or whatever will work.

You have access to factory 30 saiga mags! On this side of the pond we really dont. If somehow one makes it over here its going to cost over 100 bucks. Sure at 57 dollars its steep but unlike a promag its probably not going to break on you. Theres a reason why so many of us have installed bullet guides and use bulgarian 5.56 mags, galil, or whatever will work.

You know, i have access to factory 30 round mag, but before have the authorization to buy the saiga, i have waited 6 months...

In USA, you can buy a gun in one day isn't it?

If a saiga 30 mag cost about $100; i'm going to sell them on gunbroker!!!

I received two promags and one surefire with mine.The promags had the tabs broken off, but the follower had been modified and they feed like a hot knife through butter.The rear of the follower raises the bullet and they don't even come close to hitting any part of the front of the magazine. Hit the chamber dead center whether angled in from the right or the left.You can always install a bullet guide, if your promags wont feed.They arent as sturdy as the surefires, a wee bit of side to side wobble

I received two promags and one surefire with mine.The promags had the tabs broken off, but the follower had been modified and they feed like a hot knife through butter.The rear of the follower raises the bullet and they don't even come close to hitting any part of the front of the magazine. Hit the chamber dead center whether angled in from the right or the left.You can always install a bullet guide, if your promags wont feed.They arent as sturdy as the surefires, a wee bit of side to side wobble

Sorry but my english is not very good, what do youmean by"The promags had the tabs broken off"?

How do you have modified the follower?

Do youhave a picture?

Thanx

Edited by JOE81

That is a nice looking rifle man. I use the SGM tactical 30 rounders in mine with no problem. I have heard so many bad things about the pro mags that it kept me away.

Yes, i have heard the same think about promag.

I think that i'm going to put the price and buy factory 30 round mag.

My second choice could be bulgarian mag and bullet guide.I find the Clear Waffle Pattern very nice (but hard to find in France).

Edited by JOE81

I , frankly, am puzzled by why some will want to risk problems when installing a bullet guide and experience all kinds of failures with different magazine brands, etc in many cases... These Saiga rifles are supposed to use original mags and Surefire type mags . I use the Surefire magazines , have 7 of them , 6 are 30rds and one is 20 rds (plus the original 10 rd that I rarely use). I go to the Range, shoot 200 rds ( my 7 mags) without a single problem at all, pack up and go home. If you can obtain the original 30 rds mags , get them . That it will cost a little more money ? well... buy a couple every time until you have your quantity . Here is a pic of my Saiga with the 20rds mag :

009-26.jpg

Edited by josey88

I , frankly, am puzzled by why some will want to risk problems when installing a bullet guide and experience all kinds of failures with different magazine brands, etc in many cases... These Saiga rifles are supposed to use original mags and Surefire type mags . I use the Surefire magazines , have 7 of them , 6 are 30rds and one is 20 rds (plus the original 10 rd that I rarely use). I go to the Range, shoot 200 rds ( my 7 mags) without a single problem at all, pack up and go home. If you can obtain the original 30 rds mags , get them . That it will cost a little more money ? well... buy a couple every time until you have your quantity . Here is a pic of my Saiga with the 20rds mag :

your one is very nice too, i like realy the stock (tromix isn'it?)

I think you're right,i'm going to buy factory mag...

your one is very nice too, i like realy the stock (tromix isn'it?)

I think you're right,i'm going to buy factory mag...

That is the DPH stock, shown with the cheek riser and the 1" butt pad . The folding mechanism is from Ace.