Converted my IZH-109BHO last week

The factory LRBHO lever make it easier convert than a regular S-12, because the lever spring is housed in a metal part and I didn't need to mess with it.

I don't know if my Saiga-12 is out of spec or what, the axis pin retention plate won't fit all three shafts at the same time, and I had to resort to the Shepherd's crook (which is dreaded by some) but the crook route was actually surprisingly easy. The other thing is the Tromix modified G2 trigger was not a "drop-in" as it was supposed to be. I had to grind some off at the front-bottom, possibly because the position of the axis pin is off spec. The trigger pull is light and the travel is short.

Anyway I had it done, my Natasha has become a true beauty now! Took her to the range and she can cycle reliably all ammo except for some shinny red Winchester shells, with the SGM 10 round mag that I modified to clear the LRBHO lever. The factory 5-rd mag was a miserable fail. Rounds caught on the top of chambering area a few times because the follower is sometimes canted. I decide not to use the factory mag in the future and will continue to mod my SGM mags to see if I can make them work the LRBHO function.

I already have a V-plug in my 3-ported IZH109BHO. Here are the test results for 3 types of ammo I used.

1) Both walmart game shok #6 and target #7 1/2 cycle reliably at gas setting 5 (widest) when firing from the hip.

2) Federal high power 00 buck in ammo can (XM12700AC) cycle reliably at setting 4 from the hip.

3) Rio Royal High Power 00 buck cycle reliably at setting 3 from the hip.

a01OlgaNatasha.jpg

a02.jpga03.jpg

a04.jpga05.jpga07.jpg

a06hittherange.jpg

a08.jpg

• Like 1

Just curious, I converted my factory LRBHO about a month or so ago, and I had nothing but problems with that lever getting hung up on shell rims upon mag insertion, and after each shot. So much so that I removed it and will try it that way on my next trip out.

The only one that would work reliably was the factory 5 rounder. The rest would hang up on each shell in my 10 round promag, and my 5 round surefires. I did remove enough material from each of the other mags so that the lever was not hanging up. Did you not have any issues with that? If so what was the issue with the factory mag with yours (I may want to pick that one up if your interested in selling it)?

Just curious, I converted my factory LRBHO about a month or so ago, and I had nothing but problems with that lever getting hung up on shell rims upon mag insertion, and after each shot. So much so that I removed it and will try it that way on my next trip out.

The only one that would work reliably was the factory 5 rounder. The rest would hang up on each shell in my 10 round promag, and my 5 round surefires. I did remove enough material from each of the other mags so that the lever was not hanging up. Did you not have any issues with that? If so what was the issue with the factory mag with yours (I may want to pick that one up if your interested in selling it)?

Two factory mags and 3 Keepshooting.com knock off mags and all run like grease through a goose. Not one failure in 200 rds of various high and low brass.

This worries me because I have only modified and tested one of my Surefire mags and that one works flawlessly as long as I push the first round forward a little bit. Not sure how the other two will perform. I'm planning to install some kind of a guide in the mag to push the rounds forward automatically. Or I'll have to resort to replace the factory lever or cut it short so nothing will be there to catch on shells.

My factory mag will not activate the LRBHO a high percentage of the time for me. In addition, I'm under the impression that the follower does not go straight up all the time and sometimes tilts up (probably due to friction, I'll try to address this by reducing the friction), causing the shell to strike the brim of the chamber, distorting the hull. But I'm not certain I remember it right. I could be wrong about the follower and it could the LRBHO lever that causes the problem.

Edited by Tofu San

Looks Great! I was hoping the 1st kid on the block to convert the factory LRBHO, but ya beat me to it.

Hey, I converted mine back in February.

naaaa.gif

I haven't been able to take it out since running at the range right after conversion, but I don't have the shell hang-up issues with either ProMag 12 rounders, the MD20, or the stock mag. I made sure to grind enough material that the LRBHO lever was all the way down with a mag inserted, and that required grinding not only the rear lip of the mag, but also inside the channel where the follower ends up.

I've been meaning to get an SGM mag to work the LRBHO by using the stock follower, but I haven't had the time to deal with it like I wanted. I'm inspired to try again.

Looks Great! I was hoping the 1st kid on the block to convert the factory LRBHO, but ya beat me to it.

Hey, I converted mine back in February.

naaaa.gif

I haven't been able to take it out since running at the range right after conversion, but I don't have the shell hang-up issues with either ProMag 12 rounders, the MD20, or the stock mag. I made sure to grind enough material that the LRBHO lever was all the way down with a mag inserted, and that required grinding not only the rear lip of the mag, but also inside the channel where the follower ends up.

I've been meaning to get an SGM mag to work the LRBHO by using the stock follower, but I haven't had the time to deal with it like I wanted. I'm inspired to try again.

This is exactly how I modded my mags. Happy to hear the MD20 works the same way.