Saiga-410 Handguard Made to Order

Figured I might as well show it off while he's on vacation. Made this out of walnut to a board member's specifications. He asked for a dark wood made in a style similar to the standard Saiga but with a Schnabel type front section.

I can make a variety of styles by request. Items I plan to make standard are no-gunsmithing AK style lower handguards. If anyone has any special requests I can probably make it happen and for a fair price.

Whoomp, here it is:

post-6-1120251263_thumb.jpg

how much is my question....for unfinished...

I can stain and polycoat my own...for a similar styled handguard.

And I will ditto the comment for a pkm or an RPK style stock...how much for one of those, too?

:smoke:

I also really need a way to attach my upper hg to my 410. I put some plum furniture on her and just need a clamp to secure the rear upper HG retainer. I cut up a gas tube for the retainers but need a low profile clamp for the rear one to fit around the barrel. I've tried everything but am stumped. I'll get some pics up soon.

If you could help me out I would gladly pay in advance, $$ not organs. :lolol:

I don't take any $$ in advance, that's one of my operating procedures. Just need folks to buy what they say they will.

I'd love for folks to do their own finishing the way they want it. Everyone has a different preference. I gave a high estimate on this one and gave a final price of $55 shipped if he was happy the way it was (unfinished). Different styles would vary in price.

Believe it or not, PKM style buttstocks would be a whole different matter to make than RPK, which would be a piece of cake. Problem there is finding the right size of wood. Yesterday they didn't have anything the right thickness. I'll keep looking. I could find the right size in pine if you'd accept that kind of wood. For something thick like a buttstock it should be ok. Folks have made such things as stop gaps and found they last the life of their rifle.

Give me a request, I'll give you an estimate which I reserve the right to ask, but will probably reduce at least a tad. I'd only increase a price on what I'd ask in the future if I really had to.

I'm working on upper handguards for the Saiga rifles, but shotguns are another matter. Chris, I'll have to take a look at my 410 and see if I can find something to offer.

Cool.... let me ponder some design tweak to the one you showed for the 410... as thats the one I will be starting out with...

Obviously I wont change MUCH... maybe just the shape of the front, or a different angle here or there...

BUT let me think on what I want it to look like and I will get back to you via PM...

We can go from there....

fair enough?

:smoke:

BRG-3

That is BEAUTIFUL! I will take it just as it is. Unfinished is perfect, as that way I can do the final shaaping and cut the hole for the tab on the wifes underfolder.

G O B