WTKvalue of Saiga 20gauge? Is this a good deal???

I am looking at buying a Saiga 20 gauge shotgun that is like new condition down at the local pawnshop- I am not sure about current value- they want $250 for it is this a good deal? decent deal? or shitty deal? I remember when CDNN had these for $150, but those days seem to be long gone.... Anyway, I already own 2 saiga 12's, but I thought the 20 might be one my fiance might like to fire (she hates 12 gauges), and I am thinking she might like it for her birthday (this is a girl who owns numerous AK rifles).... :wub:

The saiga's are getting hard to come by. If you are lucky enough to find a small gunshop that still has NOS you may still get the old prices. They certainly took a big jump after eea quit importing them. It seems that things have leveled off a bit from what I've seen on this board. When one came up for sale for awhile it seemed they were snapped up fast at 300 plus prices. Lately they haven't been going as fast. I haven't been able to get any response from the new importer eea referred to, so who knows if and when more will come and at what price. So I'd try to talk them down a little if possible, but what a great gift. I have a few 20 ga mags if you need them , 3"ers. Whatever you do keep the lady who could back you up with an ak! :rolleyes:

Edited by klangblades

she'll absolutely love the little 20ga.

it's recoil is about half of the 12. only thing is the 20ga is a little more stubborn than the 12 when it comes to the break in period.

it seems the 20ga is a little too weak to cycle the action, so it takes a little more to break the action in.

i love my 20ga. it's lighter than my 12ga. kicks less. mags are cheaper. shoots tighter patterns.

i take it hunting more than my 12ga!

"wow! multiple ak's!!!!!!!!" :eek:

$250 is a great price nowadays if it's in great condition.

just think, if you did find one for $150 that had to be ordered, the price would be close to $200 after shipping and ffl fees usually.

better get it before it's gone gone gone!

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.