God I'm an asshole...but I got results

I purchased a suppressor on Gunbroker about the beginning of April. On May 16th after inquiring I got an email saying the form three paperwork had been completed and my suppressor would go out in the next few days. On May 31st after again inquiring I was told that it was someone else' paperwork that came back on May 16th but mine had just come back. Long story short my FFL asked that I ask for a tracking number when it was sent to him. Said tracking number never arrived. Maybe I should have wondered more when at first the company said they didn't have a fax and then their phone just rang through to a full voice mailbox...so the whole deal was done by email which they stopped responding to. The final straw occurred on Monday when I called the number that goes through to the full mailbox and I got a return hangup call from that same number. So I sent them the following email yesterday:

Dear sirs:

I have not heard from you regarding my suppressor and your phone goes to a full mailbox and you don't return my email. Consider this a demand email. If I don't hear from you in the next few hours regarding my suppressor or the money I have sent you I will start filing fraud complaints with every agency I can think of and that includes but is not limited to ATF and your states attorney general.

Within hours I got an email with a tracking number with a date of shipment...which was yesterday.

Yeah... :lolol: :lolol: but while I threatened him with the big boys I was on the horn with his county sheriff. I got bounced to two or three different people but the bottom line was they wanted a patrol officer to call me back to take the report and the dispatcher and/or officer were slow getting back to me...about 20 minutes after I got his email. They were all real nice but I don't think they quite knew what to do about a complaint from a guy 1500 miles away about getting ripped off on a suppressor. :lolol: :lolol:

Just tell them that ATF said the item was legal, since you got a copy of the approved Form, and since this is across state lines it just became a case of Mail Fraud, too!

But I'm glad that smacking someone upside the head with ATF worked. I mean, I don't want to have to deal with any ATF agent professionally unless I initiate the discussion, but I'm sure I've had a beer or three with a few outside of work.