pins falling out

I use a spring, but look up "shepards crook". you didnt install the "holding part" for the trigger group pins. its a wire on the regular AK.....

edit to add - the factory Saiga spring is OK< but it must be rebentand clipped ONCE. if you dont know how to do this, just get an aftermarket part. it will make your life easier, if you only have one or two AK patterns, anyhow....

Edited by Ben Vampatella

I am having the same problem. I am using the retaining plate with my conversion, but i noticed the pin slides in slightly causing the entire right side of the FCG to come up a little and mess with the action of the bolt causing a jam. Any advice on what to do? seems like the pin is a little loose and wiggles back in a bit on the right side. Its driving me crazy!

New here as well. I am all thumbs and was able to covert a 7.62x39 rifle. The pins keep working themselfs out. Can someone give us some specifics. Is the shepards crook the only solution?

The most popular alternative now is a retainer plate.Search the forum or some vendor sites and you'll find lots of info. Some people use e-clips in the grooves. See links in previous posts above.