It all depend's on how much you want to spend. I have spent from $30 up to $150 on dot sight's. The $30 tasco I have works just as well as my Kobra but does'nt look as cool. Anything that look's "tactical" and has more options is alway's more money. I dont have a BSA red dot but have 4 of theyre rifle scopes great quality for the money.

Hi there

I have a pko-1 red dot on my gun and i find its better than the pko-1v as it is fully automatic in adjusting the dots brightness , mine came with a mount that include rings for a tactical flashlight alongside the red dot. i would highly reccomend it to anyone wanting a red dot. I imported mine from my friend in Russia for a great price.

all the best

assassin

I don't need help with quick target aquisition up close (baby steps controlled breathing etc). I'm great at shooting from the hip or quick-to-shoulder. It's the stuff that's 100m+ that needs assistance. I wouldn't get a red dot since I think they're too much money for very little benefit, at least in my case.

I can understand the "need" for them but adding/relying on a complicated and fragile piece of equipment seems silly. It's just one more thing to fail. Failing up close = dead. Failing at range = a little less dead.

My suggestion would be to by more ammo instead of a 1x scope. That way you can practice more.

If you do one thing in life, love deeply.

If you do two things in life, love deeply and become one with your rifle.

"Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."

What in the world will we do with all these useless people??

;)

I have no idea what everyone elses experiences are but my experience is that you CAN NOT fire a weapon faster than you can if it has a 1X dot reticle sight. The dot is projected in the same plane as the target and there is no need to refocus. With the standard rifle sights the sights are not in the same plane. You need to focus the rifle sights on the target and line them up. This takes time and is not accurate or fast at all. Most people who say they do not like 1X sights have never used them. If you do, you won't go back. I have a Russian PK-S01 Black Dot/Red Dot sight. I have right at $200 in this sight. Quality cost money! That is a simple fact. With this sight you can basically not even see the outline of the sight. It is very thin and disappears because you don't focus on it. With BOTH eyes open, put the dot on the target and squeeze. Very simple, very easy.

I would highly recommend a sight such as this. A Western sight of equal quality will cost you between $500 and $800. It comes ready to go on a sidemount base and is easy to sight in. It uses Western cheap replaceable batteries. Definitely the way to go on a Russian AK. My PK-S01 is for my AK-74 currently been built at InRange. Troy is waiting on a program for the Cyrillic lettering I am having added. Of couse, if you are still using a Saiga with an original stock then you probably don't need a sight like this. These sights are better off being used on converted weapons.

Below is an add for the PK-S01 with a picture of what my AK-74 will look like.

s won

post-5-1078681992.jpg

Edited by swon
  • 2 weeks later...

The BSA Red Dot sight from WalMart is very good. It performs like sights costing a whole lot more. Had mine at the range today and it's so easy, put the dot on the target and shoot. For the less than $30 price it can't be beat.