what paint to use?

I used duplicolor semi gloss engine enamel and it came out pretty good. Cured it with a heat gun after 3 coats and it blends in with the factory paint. Bought a can at the local auto parts store for around $5.

^^^ x2

I bought the same paint on the advice of one of these forums, and it was a very close match to the factory paint on my gun. I have only painted the lower portion of the receiver thus far.

Prior to applying the black paint, I cleaned the area with alcohol, masked the rest of the gun, and back-taped around the area I wanted to paint to help blend the paint.

It is very difficult to tell that two different paints were used on the receiver. Eventually, the gun will get duracoated, but the duplicolor paint is more than adequate for now...

After using rattle can paint, then trying duracoat, then a newer finish called black ice (which turned out to be more of a blued finish then black). I finally sent it off to be cerekoted. Buy once cry once is my advice. Duracoat will eventually wear off as will spraypaint. Find a good guy in your area and suck up the one or two weeks it will take to get done and in the end you will be happy.

Just my 2 cents

J