Basic conversion done!!! YEA!!! (pic)

So happy I could spit a 7.62x39 :rolleyes:

Got her done this morning. I purchased the basic kit from Carolina shooter supply.

The only issue I had from the kit was the trigger guard. The front hole didn't match up exact.

I had to bend it a little to get the screw through.

I don't have a dremel tool but I do have a Die grinder for my air tank. That made short work of the rivets.

Here is a photo. I can now show with my 20 round mag as it is compliant now. Photo is not the best.

Wife ran off with the digi. This is from my phone.

Latter

COZ

saigaconverted.jpg

Edited by A Pause for the COZ

Got her done this morning. I purchased the basic kit from Carolina shooter supply.

The only issue I had from the kit was the trigger guard. The front hole didn't match up exact.

I don't have a dremel tool but I do have a Die grinder for my air tank. That made short work of the rivets.

The only other small issue is the pin that holds the hammer in. That wiggles loose. I suppose a little lock tight will hold her in?

Here is a photo. I can now show with my 20 round mag as it is compliant now. Photo is not the best.

Latter

COZ

saigaconverted.jpg

Nice job, but no you cannot do that. You're missing the axis pin retaining spring/plate, or have yours installed wrong. It's an easy fix, and cheap. The plates are the easiest to install, and cost usually under $10. Most AK retaining plates should work. For further instructions, look at the videos on CSS's website.

The only other small issue is the pin that holds the hammer in. That wiggles loose. I suppose a little lock tight will hold her in?

Latter

COZ

saigaconverted.jpg

Nice job, but no you cannot do that. You're missing the axis pin retaining spring/plate, or have yours installed wrong. It's an easy fix, and cheap. The plates are the easiest to install, and cost usually under $10. Most AK retaining plates should work. For further instructions, look at the videos on CSS's website.

I figured it out. You must have to put the same pin in the same hole. I took it apart and reassembled with the pins swapped. And it stays in just fine.

I did use the retaining plate. Those pins look the same to me...... Go figure.