Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost

This is an excellent article exposing the reality of the state-controlled media.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rep/who-owns-the-media.html

I just thought folks would be interested in seeing what media outlets are controlled by whom- and who possibly controls THEM.

It IS called "programming" for a reason, after all.

Enjoy!

• Like 7

This is an excellent article exposing the reality of the state-controlled media.

http://www.lewrockwe...-the-media.html

I just thought folks would be interested in seeing what media outlets are controlled by whom- and who possibly controls THEM.

It IS called "programming" for a reason, after all.

Enjoy!

And by "state-controlled" you mean "privately owned and controlled by corporations," right?

• Like 1

The news I get from zerohedge.com and coinflation.com is substantial and to the point. I've noticed that the local news shows are about 70% soft news now, i.e. "Is 71 years old too old to ride a unicycle? we have a grand ma that says no". Then a half hour later, you get weather and sports.

We all know that cable and radio news is ratings based, so good luck finding objectiveness there.

The web is going private and public at the same time, if it doesn't remain truly neutral, seekers of the truth will be boned.

Edward R. Murrow must be having a seizure in his grave.

• Like 1

And by "state-controlled" you mean "privately owned and controlled by corporations," right?

Uhhh, sure.... We'll go with that.... Hey... At least is sounds good, right?

The web is going private and public at the same time, if it doesn't remain truly neutral, seekers of the truth will be boned.

Isn't that the point? Murrow may be having a grand mal, but David Rockefeller and the FCC are doing a jig! They don't even have to do most of the dirty work!

As the MSM becomes more and more irrelevant and reminiscint of an Orwellian "Ministry of Information", the pressure on independent news outlets is going to mount. Really- these 6 corporate entities are likely the biggest financial contributors to the internet regulation lobby BECAUSE of that.

But I know you already figured that one out KT. I occasionally watch MSM news, I've just learned to read between the lies to some degree.

• Like 1

This should put an end to the anti Semitic myth that the Jews control the media. It's the multinational corporations who own and control the media who funded the Obamanable Muslim into the White House.

• Like 2

The news I get from zerohedge.com and coinflation.com is substantial and to the point. I've noticed that the local news shows are about 70% soft news now, i.e. "Is 71 years old too old to ride a unicycle? we have a grand ma that says no". Then a half hour later, you get weather and sports.

Be thankful you aren't exposed to the tv news out of Atlanta each day the way I am. It's a daily carnage fest of rape, murder, home invasion, burglary, and arson. 90% of it committed by a certain minority who have taken their crime show on the road to the suburbs lately.

Gotta love how the politically correct media refuse to even name the race of the perps they are looking for, even though the security footage removes all doubt!

Soft news would be a welcome change here...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 7

Be thankful you aren't exposed to the tv news out of Atlanta each day the way I am. It's a daily carnage fest of rape, murder, home invasion, burglary, and arson. 90% of it committed by a certain minority who have taken their crime show on the road to the suburbs lately.

Gotta love how the politically correct media refuse to even name the race of the perps they are looking for, even though the security footage removes all doubt!

Soft news would be a welcome change here...

Kudos for the intestinal fortitude to say as much. I was being open and honest on another forum where people were pussyfooting around on the subject and I had the audacity to say "Statistics say blacks are far more prone to violent crime than other races." and did I ever get hammered as a racist. I tried to show that I was going by stats only, to no avail. I finally said "If your car broke down late at night, would you rather be in a white or a black neighborhood?" Political correctness reared it's retarded head and the majority answered "There would be no difference." OK, whatever.

No, I don't belong to the KKK or any other affiliated organization, nor would I care to. There's enough hate around already without adding to it. I'm only going by previous experiences and common sense.

Will I get slammed here too? It don't matter to me. Truth is truth.

• Like 6

Quick stat from Human RIghts Watch 2003

Percentage of Prison Population Blacks 44%

Percentage of Total US Population Blacks 12%

An obvious disparity.

28% of Americans have been in controlled custody

63% of them for "Victimless Crimes"

The USA has the highest arrest and incarceration rates in the world and 9 out of 10 of those convicted are below the poverty line.

It's about poverty not about race and for the record 91% this nation's wealth is now in the hands of the wealthiest 10% with the wealthiest 3% of that 10% controlling 89% of that and they are the ones who own the prisons and sell the police cars bought with our tax dollars.

• Like 2