I have a russian american armory saiga 12.When i first got it the firearm would cycle any ammunition now that i put the tapco t6 stock on it, It will not cycle any low brass ammo wally world special.And im using the md arms v plug?

Please help i need to know if i need to take it to a gun smith!

Thanks

I have a russian american armory saiga 12.When i first got it the firearm would cycle any ammunition now that i put the tapco t6 stock on it, It will not cycle any low brass ammo wally world special.And im using the md arms v plug?

Thanks

Well I think using basic troubleshooting we can rule out the stock, thats like saying putting an exhaust on your car will blow your engine. You probably need to adjust your V-plug, I fired my S12 for the first time this weekend since I converted it. And had two FTEs after 50 rounds, I adjusted my gas plug and had zero after another 100 rounds. I would try turning up the plug to the + setting one dot at a time till it fires the low brass. You should also check your gas ports to see if they are blocked or not big enough.

Edited by fromxtor

I think you covered this in your opening line but I'm just asking for clarification...

The gun ran fine out of the box and with the stock puck right? Then you swapped to the V-Plug and did the conversion at the same time? Or was it V-Plug then conversion or vice versa? Simple troubleshooting should tell you were things went wrong I would think. Do your homework here on the forums and use that search feature. :)

How many gas ports do you have? Check them out of the box?

I think you covered this in your opening line but I'm just asking for clarification...

The gun ran fine out of the box and with the stock puck right? Then you swapped to the V-Plug and did the conversion at the same time? Or was it V-Plug then conversion or vice versa? Simple troubleshooting should tell you were things went wrong I would think. Do your homework here on the forums and use that search feature. :)

How many gas ports do you have? Check them out of the box?

It would cycle any rounds straight out of the box. I put the tapco stock then the md arms v plug and it wont cycle low brass.

Let's start at the beginning. Are you talking about the Tapco stock + pg that you can install on a factory "sporter" or has your gun already been converted restored and proven with all ammo before installing a regular Tapco T-6 stock, (and only then having FTE problems)?

If it's the latter, I don't see how putting on a Tapco T-6 could affect how well the gun cycles. :huh: Regardless, as Pauly said, it sounds like your gun is borderline undergassed. I recommend polishing the receiver rails at a minimum. That should help.

ETA: Have you checked to make sure that you have at least 3, (4 if it's an earlier '08 or before), unobstructed gas ports? If you don't, and the gun is still basically stock, you could contact Cadiz Gun Works for possible warranty repair.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Thanks

My first S12 went through basically the same progression, down to and including the T-6 stock and V-plug. I tried several things, and found I had three more or less properly sized ports.

So I reprofiled and polished the internals. Now, the V-plug is sitting in a drawer somewhere, and the gun cycles perfectly.

I bought another S12, and shot it only 14 times before polishing and converting. And it to, works beautifully with zero failures. I'd prescribe polishing, and making sure the gas block and puck are clean and the puck is free-moving.