Nate "gunfixr" Apon picking up the s12 from your shop I fired apx 100rds of low power rounds and 00buck. I did not have a single problem with any function and the LRBO worked great. I'll keep you posted after I get time to shoot it again. Thanks for the great work you did for me. Chris

Well, I got 2 installed this week, in amongst the other things to be done.

The only problem is that it's tough not to have the bolt drop and load the first round when inserting a 20rd drum. The 12rd drums are a bit easier, but not much.

I could beef up its spring, but I don't want it to start locking the bolt with a round left in the mag.

Of course, since the factory manual BHO is still in the gun, and just a tad further back, the bolt could be pulled back to it, and then it wouldn't matter.

I actually like the carrier coming home as long as the mag is almost locked when it happens. Say when.... I will start with one and buy three more if I like the first, provided the price isn't crazy high :ph34r:

Dito on this. I like the bolt doing that can you make it do it every time with all mags? I am used to a Browning A5 Belgium made. Two actually a 20 and a 12. When the last round is fired the bolt locks back and when you run the first shell into the tube the bolt slams home and picks it up then you can quickly insert two more shells. On the Dove field when birds are coming in heavy I keep three shells between my fingers so I can fire six rounds quickly. I have gotten it down well enough that Wardens have checked my weapon to make sure the plug was in. :lolol:

Nate "gunfixr" Apon picking up the s12 from your shop I fired apx 100rds of low power rounds and 00buck. I did not have a single problem with any function and the LRBO worked great. I'll keep you posted after I get time to shoot it again. Thanks for the great work you did for me. Chris

Anytime, I'm glad to hear it's running well. Keep me posted on how that LRBHO is working.

Nate is an artist. I'm taking the FA S12 he built me to a shotty class tomorrow (later this am!).

I'll pick up a LRBHO he designs any day of the week.

Jake

I gotta figure out how to get one around the FA sear. If I do, you'll be the first to know.

Depending on the angle of the bolt engagement surface, it can drop inserting a 5rd mag. But, since I was trying to get rid of that, I didn't then try it with say, a drum to see of it would drop too soon or not.

Nate is an artist. I'm taking the FA S12 he built me to a shotty class tomorrow (later this am!).

I'll pick up a LRBHO he designs any day of the week.

Jake

I gotta figure out how to get one around the FA sear. If I do, you'll be the first to know.

It is one of the best lookin' and best operating Saigas I ever seen..

I had a chance to run it last fall...

Ran the gun through a great MDFI shotgun class here in MI. The only problem I had was when we transitioned from buck/slugs to target loads and I forgot to turn the gas knob. Thanks again Nate!

FWIW, I've been running one of those inexpensive Primary Arms red dots and it has not given me any problems on the Saiga.

Jake

P.S. Juggs are we having another pumpkin shoot this year?