Rifled Barrel Saiga12

I used the search option first but found nothing for rifled or slug S12 barrels, but I'm sure it's been brought up before. I found E.R.Shaw rifled shotgun barrel blanks for $130.00

I already sent an e-mail to my barrel maker to see if he can make it just like an S12 barrel if I send him one to copy. Anyone else done this yet?

I just bought a paradox extension from Rusmilitary. Haven't tried it yet as my s12 is getting "sexied up" as they say, by rifle dynamics. Should have it back in a few more months. A fully rifled barrel might ne cool though if you could make it work.

• Like 1

Yep. It's been done. We plan to make a run of barrels at some time down the road....not sure when that will be though.

Click the link for a test fire and accuracy report. The gun was equipped with a top cover mounted picatinny rail with the top cover welded up for rigidity just like we do for all our HK sight installs. As far as top cover mounted sights not holding zero......well, that clearly is bullshit.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/53475-slug-gun-report-card/

P3110063.jpg

P3110048.jpg

• Like 4

Yep. It's been done. We plan to make a run of barrels at some time down the road....not sure when that will be though.

Click the link for a test fire and accuracy report. The gun was equipped with a top cover mounted picatinny rail with the top cover welded up for rigidity just like we do for all our HK sight installs. As far as top cover mounted sights not holding zero......well, that clearly is bullshit.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

http://forum.saiga-1...un-report-card/

P3110063.jpg

P3110048.jpg

Okay, you have my attention. If you think you will have some made, I might wait for one of your barrels. Need one for deer hunting the by the second week in December. If not, I'll try to get one made.

Thank you.

Edited by ARMOR

are you planing on selling these as a kit for individual installation with a new gas block and gas tube , or will this be a ship youre gun to tromix mod . will the barrel be pressed in or will there be a easy way to swap back to smooth bore for bird season ? any plans to take pre orders ?

• Like 1

are you planing on selling these as a kit for individual installation with a new gas block and gas tube , or will this be a ship youre gun to tromix mod . will the barrel be pressed in or will there be a easy way to swap back to smooth bore for bird season ? any plans to take pre orders ?

Heck, just get a barrel. I have a press. I really wouldn't think you would ever want or need to swap out barrels. Your shot would sit in a cup coming out the barrel.

Good luck with e r shaw. I even drove there and offered them twice the money. They had no interest

Did you want them to make you a barrel or did you just want a blank?

Blanks are for sale for $130.00

Heck, just get a barrel. I have a press. I really wouldn't think you would ever want or need to swap out barrels. Your shot would sit in a cup coming out the barrel.

I don't know I guess I've just always been shyed away from running shot through a rifled barrel with the reasoning being the shot would act like sand paper and wear down the rifleings . But you're right I understand the shot is in the wad , but I would still be Leary of it , especially if I continue to run 2-300 rounds a month like I have since febuary . Just a thought I had today , if you're wad full of bb, s is turning 5000 rpm when it leaves the muzzle would the cintrifical force scatter the pattern immediately ? Thought ,s. ? 5000 is just a guess

Edited by J lang

I don't know I guess I've just always been shyed away from running shot through a rifled barrel with the reasoning being the shot would act like sand paper and wear down the rifleings . But you're right I understand the shot is in the wad , but I would still be Leary of it , especially if I continue to run 2-300 rounds a month like I have since febuary . Just a thought I had today , if you're wad full of bb, s is turning 5000 rpm when it leaves the muzzle would the cintrifical force scatter the pattern immediately ? Thought ,s. ? 5000 is just a guess

I really don't think that would be a problem.