as my spousal unit has her heraldry research group invade the bottom three floors of the house today i decided to retreat to my floor and get happy with my s20. i installed a sar1 forearm and a short rail for an m3 light on the bottom of the gas block, then cut down and fitted a polymer heatshield to the gas tube. after that i put a PG on the bottom of an ace adapter i just got and will install a rail onto the forearm soon.

does anybody have a front retainer that will fit an sar1 select grade orange crate wood forearm? it's mostly for show as i fitted the wood really close and i need to use a hammer and drift to remove it on the bench. i can't find that damn retainer though>?>?>?>?>?>?>??

pat

ps pics soon

Edited by detpat
just a screw, and a short rail.  it's not a stress bearing part so it is just attached by one screw currently.  i intend to drill for another soon but it does work well as is.

pat

Thanks pat - I have a laserlyte qd for my pistols & thought it would be cool to mount to the shotty. Good idea (& cheap) I didn't want to spring for a handguard with rails just yet.