Hey Guys,

Just scored the Romanian RPK AES 10B with wire side folding stock, its in transition to my FFL and not in my possession yet but hopeing by Saturday. Trying to figure out how I want to configure her, I've run across 2 ideas I'm digging on but need advice from those more....knowledgeable.

1. One of the gun auction sights ( not wanting to list as I don't know their affiliate status with the forum ) has several " true russian RPK stock sets " ......will these fit the Romy?

2. I found a few sets made for milled recievers, and while I know the butt stocks need MASSIVE mods to work on the stamped Romys.... will the front handguards fit? specifically the bottom piece

3. True AK stocks and handguards... will the buttstocks fit? handguards? gas tube covers?

4. If the AK stuff dosent fit...again, specifically the lower handguard... is it cause of the Romy's bulges? and if so... would AK furniture designed for Yugo AKs which are mostly all made with bulged front trunion recievers work?

Sorry for the rambleings, just trying to get a good feel from someone in the know before i blow alot of cash finding out the hard way... I don't think i'm gonna be able to make it with that wire side fold stock at all...so buttstock has to replace somehow.... and because I'm a bit anal, and OCD... I'd REALLY like to have the front guards match the buttstock as near as possible....

Guys, Thx in advance for the use of your experience and knowledge....

Congratulations on your sweet buy

Stamped style RPKs (like Romys) take a but stock that appears as if you could mount it on a stamped AK74, But the square part that inserts into the receiver is slightly smaller on the RPK.

As far as I know the Romy is com block/mil spec with all other stamped RPKs East German, Russian Molot

Edited by 762SLEDGEHAMMER

so in theory, any AK stock will do if your willing to retool the width a bit and make it fit the narrower rear trunion on the RPK, Gotcha and that takes care of that part.

In my searches the last day or three I've also found the gas tube cover is a straight exchange from any AK, so that portion too is easily replaced.... this leads me back to the hang up... front lower handguard.

Yugo AK lower work? is there a length difference or just the width issues from the bulged trunions? difference in attachment points style? could the width of the insertable portion not be sanded down to fit like the buttstock was? I understand there is also a barrel diameter issue... but that too seems easily worked around by someone handy with a dremel... what about milled handguard to stamped reciever? just no way to make that work?

any ideas or thoughts guys?...

Anything will work, if your willing/able to do the modifications to make it work.

Iirc, the issue of Milled to Stamped recievers tend to be ADDING material rather than takeing it away. Aren't the milled recievers thicker than the Stamped ones?

What's wrong with the handguard you have? Mines fine, just needs finished and I haven't decided if I want to yet or not.

Edited by BpS12

Yugo AK lower work? is there a length difference or just the width issues from the bulged trunions?

As a general rule steer clear of any Yugoslav parts unless you have a yugo made rifle, the Yugoslavians make a totally different spec AK, SVD and RPK than any soviet country. There is always the exception that you can modify any stock set but personally I would not try this with yugo sets (pain in the ass), Ive seen a few pictures on the net of Romanian AES-10Bs with Russian/East German wood furniture front to back, and no talk of modifications

• Like 1