Folks,

Good luck too all those who are going to be affected by the storm. Up here in NY they are taking this very seriously so please heed all the warnings, especially those members in NC, VA and associated coastlines. Just wish my daughter would listen to me but I can't do much from here when she's in Newport News, VA... Blizzards, earthquakes, drought, tornadoes, and now this, God must really be angry!

Be safe everyone!

nyclu3

Where I'm at we've seen a few hurricanes, they range from "that was a hurricane?" to "THAT WAS A HURRICANE!!!".

I lived on a bay during Opal and stayed, I will say now that was dumb. (Was in the beginnings of a divorce, my thinking wasn’t engaged in high gear more of just a WTF speed) The wave action washed away the back yard right up to the house. Lost power and water for weeks and I was in a house next to a fire station.

Edited by 20-Mags

Finger crossed for everyone in her path.

My mom has been calling me a lot lately, checking up from NY (do mother's ever stop worrying? lol). Thing is, the latest radars show where I live (Myrtle) just on the fringe, not even in the direct path anymore. NY seemingly has more to worry about than my girl and I do here in SC!

Since this whole thing came about, her anticipated path has changed every day. So let's all hope it continues to change, and she doesn't even make landfall. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Haha were up to more than 700k without electricity... I was driving around and it was obscene how many people have to rely on fast food to survive... lots of trees and powerlines down and deep water in some areas close to Long Island Sound. Any one else in the dark besides me? Using my phone to post.

Thanks shooter... pretty sure the place I vacation at in NC just south of Wilmington was spared too. This wouldn't be so bad up here if people weren't morons... crappy drainage systems and a pack of untrained Mexican laborers could have wire the Northeast better. Follow this link for proof

http://www.cl-p.com/outage/mobile.aspx. being in the NE means don't worry about blizzards hurricanes or other natural disasters cause we don't get those here. My ass! I've never seen so many people run out for water flashlights and milk that'll spoil in the fridge. Makes me lol

Finger crossed for everyone in her path.

My mom has been calling me a lot lately, checking up from NY (do mother's ever stop worrying? lol). Thing is, the latest radars show where I live (Myrtle) just on the fringe, not even in the direct path anymore. NY seemingly has more to worry about than my girl and I do here in SC!

Since this whole thing came about, her anticipated path has changed every day. So let's all hope it continues to change, and she doesn't even make landfall. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Ah, that would be a negative!