How to identify E. German Barrel AK74

Not specific to E German, but at minimum to distinguish from cheaper US barrels it should be chrome lined and have barrel proof stamps at the top rear of the barrel behind the lower HG retainer.

My intent is mostly to distinguish it from a US barrel. The barrel seems to be chrome lined but I may be mistaking it for stainless steel. The barrel has been finished and it has some over spray in the outer part of the chamber. Not a lot just a little. I know what hard chrome looks like. Its just difficult to make out on this one. The barrel has some numbers stamped on top under the gas tube. I'll check underneath.

The folks over at the AK files still have not approved my account so I still cannot post questions yet. If anybody has any information to add I am still searching. I want to buy a non U.S. barrel ASAP if the one I have is indeed U.S. made.

Thanks,

Mike

Mine have two numbers and a letter in a column, underneath where the gas tube would sit. One says "2 5 r" and the other says "2 5 o". It's my understanding that these have to do with journal sizes but I could be wrong.

Neither have any other proof marks.

They both have a circular mark where the gas port would go, but are undrilled.

EG barrels will be blued. If yours are untreated, chances are good they are US. Foreign barrels are always blued, oxided, or parked depending on country of origin and time period.