G2 Hammer Mods

Wow NB that must be one of my old ones! I do em much purdier than that these days...lol. Still works great I bet though. ;)

Yes Ironhead, the S-12 hammer needs a lot more work than the rifle ones, to achieve the best possible results with the gun, but that said, the rifle hammers will also greatly benefit from being properly re-profiled and polished. With the S-12 the problem is two fold.... the larger bolt and carrier sit lower and have to push that fat hammer, designed for an AK rifle, a lot farther down in order to pass over it. Then the geometry of the hammer itself lends to snagging the bolt carrier even worse on it's return to battery. The newer hammers have changed a little to help counter this prob, but still nothing like as smooth as if it is custom profiled and polished. The other problem with the S-12s is, the gas system isn't adequate in some guns, to cycle the action with various lower powered ammo. They were designed for much stronger ammo. Mix that with an obscenely wrong sized / shaped hammer as one of the only choices to use in conversions, and that causes big problems. Most people still don't seem to get that.

• Like 2