shot some ballistic gel today..... NASTY!!!

i made up about 12in square of some ballistic gel and shot it today with my saiga 7.62 and all i have to say is wow...

the golden bear SP seem to enter and looked like they did a flip or something because the inside of the gel was just obliverated... the exit wound was probably the most devestating between the golden bear sp and the tulla HP.. the tulla ammo just kinda shoot in and out with no huge exit wound. It was like it just kinda penetrated through and didnt hesitate... next time im going to make it alot thicker. but that was my first time..

post-35811-0-26891100-1315795661_thumb.jpg

this one is of the exit of the SP

post-35811-0-89732900-1315795754_thumb.jpg

This is after i shot both the SP and HP through one is shot hortizonal and the opposite

post-35811-0-97969100-1315795810_thumb.jpg

this is the Tulla HP exit

I remember reading an extensive review given by a guy back in..... oh about 96 or 7 maybe? Dude fired all the most popular x39 rounds on the market at the time, into a water filled plastic 55 gal drum, and recorded the expansion, mushrooming, fragmentation, etc, of each bullet as he found them in the drum. The Barnaul SP (prolly the same ammo they now call silver or golden bear...) won hands down as far as how the bullet expanded and would have caused the most trauma going through flesh. After seeing his detailed report I bought a case of the Barnaul SP, of which I maybe still have 500 rds or so... That shit is on reserve for hunting 4 or two legged creatures BTW. Good stuff! It is so sad now to think of how I should have bought at least ten cases though. I only paid $65 for that 1,000 rds....

:osama::killer:

• Like 1

I also sighted in my new firefield red/green reflex sight i bought for 51 bucks and its so accurate and i absolutly love it!! check out my target from 25 yards or so// the crouch shots were the initial shots and got it sighted in with the head shots...

LOL .........Andy Griffith target. 021.gif

post-35811-0-00523400-1315796718_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waite