Update on that:

BOYD'S Gunstocks makes a sporter type stock to fit the K31, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Oh, and it seems I didn't mention, the scout-mounts are available from B-Square.

As far as mounting a scope at the front goes, I've almost always found that a bit of extra weight at the front has a positive impact on ease of aiming, especially from a standing postion. There's also a rumor that with a telescopic scope mounted out front on a rifle, that you can shoot more easily with both eyes open. I've tried shooting with both eyes open on "regular" scoped rifles, and gotten some good results with it, but it's definately not easy to do.

• 1 month later...

I prefer this setup at the moment. still prefer it, I should say. I had to pin my stock because Im in NY, but it IS in the correct cant and length for me now, so Im happy with it. It would be nice if i DIDNT have to pin it, but hey, it points and shoots better than any other gun I've had, I think.

wasnt exactly a cheap setup if I add it all up...

gallery_83_14_10111.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

IF you want to buy one ready to go pretty much out o fthe box, look at ruger's new frontier rifle. For an affordable scout in 308...that is what i would get.

but if you want to build one...well....i'm slowly working over my mosin 38, have the scout scope mount, will get a scope for it sometime soon and put it all together...may end up getting the synthetic stock eventually.

RangerM9

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...