1st post, 1st Saiga

Hello. After stalking this site for a year or so and debating the Saiga .308 conversion, here I am and here it is. I've been wanting one for a few years but couldn't turn loose of the $ for a converted one and wasn't sure if I wanted to do the conversion myself. But I picked this one up at a local shop that did the conversion for waaayyy under what I could have done it for. I believe other than them taking it out for a test fire, it's pretty much new. As you can see it has the Tapco forend and a CAA buttstock. I haven't shot it yet, but I'm thinking I want a standard non-collapsing stock. I may have an issue with it though. I did not notice it before but when I got it home, I noticed the trigger had way too much lateral play. I need to call them and find out if they used a standard G2 or a Saiga modified G2 trigger. If they used a standard G2 I believe I will have to replace that. Other than the lateral play it functions perfectly. I cut a brass spacer and placed it on the left side of the trigger sleeve and now it doesn't move at all. Anyway, here are the pics to stop the "pics or it didn't happen" comments that usually follow ^_^ .

000_0113.jpg

000_0112.jpg

Haven't shot it yet, hope to do so maybe tomorrow at our dept. qualification.

Since you have not shot this yet, a word of caution. The 16" barrel allows for a larger than normal blast wave (Hence my earlier comment). You may want to make sure people are not right up on you when you fire.

Haven't shot it yet, hope to do so maybe tomorrow at our dept. qualification.

Since you have not shot this yet, a word of caution. The 16" barrel allows for a larger than normal blast wave (Hence my earlier comment). You may want to make sure people are not right up on you when you fire.

I used to have a sporterized Mosin M44 with a 16 1/4 barrel, the shock wave from that was huge. I'm guessing this will be pretty similar/ maybe a little more.

Mini range test today inbetween groups at our dept qualification. I got to fire 8 rds (fmj ball ammo) from 50 yds from a rest consisting of a cardboard box with a jacket rolled up on top icon_lol.gif . One flyer that was 3 in away but the remaining 7 were inside 2". Needless to say I was more than pleased. With a good rest and not having to rush I believe this rifle will be very accurate. I'm already thinking scope options..... icon_cool.gif