New here with pics

Hello everyone, I'm new here but not new to collecting and shooting firearms. My lastest edition is a Saiga 7.62x39 that I converted. It was the first conversion I have done and am pleased with how it went. Here are some pics. I live in Kalifornistan hence the "bullet button".

dsc00501e.jpg

And with the other Russians in the collection:

dsc00504zu.jpg

I really wanted to add a '74 style muzzle brake to it, but I didn't realize what I had to do to do that. So, unless I can find somewhere that has the equipment to do it, it will have to stay as is.

Welcome to the forum, Spanky8834! :)

The "bullet button" sucks.. but it's even more sad whenever I see that undersized 10-rnd mag hanging out of a 7.62x39 carbine :(

If it's at all possible, I highly recommend moving one state east or north. ;)

Oh, believe me I plan on it. As soon as I get out of the military in a couple more years, my wife and I have decided to head to Arizona. I've lived in California my whole life and cannot wait to get away from it.

Anways thanks for the replies guys.

Nice job Spanky! I'm also from CA and have that same mag lock. Any of you guys notice it seems to hang a little too low and the actual mag release is hard to get to? It's also at to far of a downward angle as you press the mag rlease forward it pivots farther from the slot. Hard to explain but for example - my wolf mc hollow points have a hard time fully detaching the mag. My yugo suyrplus fmj's have no prob.

I've always thought it might be bc I reused my trigger guard and that mag lock was designed around another with slighly different dimensions, but figured I'd throw it out there and see if either of you have the same issue.

I've thought about taking a dremel to the upper edge of it where it sits against the rifles mag lock to allow a fit a little higher, but am not sure if there are any legal issues with altering it... anyone know?

Nice job Spanky! I'm also from CA and have that same mag lock. Any of you guys notice it seems to hang a little too low and the actual mag release is hard to get to? It's also at to far of a downward angle as you press the mag rlease forward it pivots farther from the slot. Hard to explain but for example - my wolf mc hollow points have a hard time fully detaching the mag. My yugo suyrplus fmj's have no prob.

I've always thought it might be bc I reused my trigger guard and that mag lock was designed around another with slighly different dimensions, but figured I'd throw it out there and see if either of you have the same issue.

I've thought about taking a dremel to the upper edge of it where it sits against the rifles mag lock to allow a fit a little higher, but am not sure if there are any legal issues with altering it... anyone know?

Yeah, it is kinda hard to get to with a bullet. It is a pain, but if it allows me to legally have the gun then I'll deal with it.

I think it would only be illegal to alter it if you altered it in such a way that you could reach the mag release with your fingers, thus being able to take it out. As long as you keep it so you still need a tool to drop the mag, then I think you would be fine.