Longer is better 16" or 20" barrel

I have a Saiga 223 with a 20" barrel. I personally would have preferred the 16" barrel, because of the ergonomics. However the 20" barrel in my opinion provides excellent accuracy and higher muzzle velocity. So what do you have and what do you prefer.

In retrospect I would have gone with the 16" barrel, but when I bought the rifle I was new to this hobby and had hardly any knowledge. I remember purchasing the rifle like it was yesterday. I said to the arms dealer "what do you have in the 500 range, i was looking for a kal tec 223 if you had any available" Arms dealer responded, " we don't have any Kal tec, the only thing i got in this price range was this saiga 223" I thought to my self what the hell is a saiga, ugly ass rifle. I asked the arms dealer if I can see it it, I then picked up the rifle closely inspected it, and i said "Is this an AK!?" he said "yeah, ak variant from Russia." My heart skipped a beat, it was an instant purchase at that point.

The point of the story, if i had known what to buy I would have went with a shorter barrel, but im stuck with my 20" barrel and very satisfied. I will purchase a 16" barrel saiga, but it will in the near future.

from what i have seen, its a very similar grouping range between the two sizes. there are to many factors on an ak's accuracy. First theres the shooter, then the gun, then the ammo choice. Some handloaders get the best accuracy and some out the box are just better.