Sexy Saiga 20"

How do you dress up your saiga 20" barrel. (Handguard / buttstock / pistol grip / optics) Post some pictures, only 20" barrel. I am starting this topic, because i been looking through the forum and I have not found to many decked out saiga 20" images. I'm interested to see what kind of design you have, and hopefully we can all share our ideas.

My Saiga:

-UTG Handguard

-Tapco Saw pistol grip

-Tapco Warsaw buttstock

-Tapco 30rd galil magazine

-Tapco short forward grip

-POSP 4x24 Scope

-Generic sling

post-36729-0-67905900-1317187388_thumb.jpg

How does the Tapco mag feed? Had any issues at all with it, or has it seen range time?

Tapco mags feed well, given you have installed a bullet guide. They do have a woble(left and right), but for the price of a 223 mag, this is a really good deal.

Tapco mags work great on my Saiga, I have 10 of them. You can do a little extra work on the Tapco Galil/Golani mags and they will lock up tighter. It involves filing or dremelling a bit of an angle where the mag catch contacts. Not necessary, as they work without it, just move a little.. I believe a slight mod to the mag catch (grinding a little off) is supposed to allow them (and the Weiger, WASR, etc.) to lock up tighter as well. There are a few posts here about it.

I also needed to do a 3 minute dremmel fix to allow the front of the mag follower to come up slightly higher. This may be a result of my bullet guide being a little thick and rectangular in the surface facing the mag. I am considering grinding a little of an angle to see if it eliminates the problem.