Hi there,

I just joined so forgive me if I am asking an annoying question right out of the gate.....

I have a Saiga 12 which has been converted. I had a gunsmith do it who was experienced at saiga conversions for .223 and 7.62, but had never done a 12 ga before. This was about 2 years ago.

I only ran one magazine of shells through it before taking it to him.

After the conversion I went to the range and could not get more than 5 shells through it before it would catch one in the breech stove pipe style. I have tried a 20 rnd magazine, and the various single stack mags I have, and the problem repeats.

I took it back to him and he polished the bolt and said it went through 20 rounds of turkey shot without a FTE.

When I returned to the range it started stove piping again immediately. I have pretty much shelved it since then, honestly I have been so busy with the recession I havent been to the range more than it takes to stay fresh with my concealed carry.

I am reasonably new to firearms so I apologize for any misuse of terms, and I dont have the kind of experience yet to know if my gas block is adjusted correctly or what to look for inside the breech for trouble shooting.

Any advice would be great.

Or anyone in the Cincinnati/Northern KY area with gunsmithing experience with the saiga 12 would be a nice phone number to have.

Thanks!

Hah,

Does adding a rubber buttpad count as limp shouldering?

We took it to the range a couple weeks ago with a 14 year old friend who had never fired a gun before. He tried my 12 and a friends .410. He said my 12ga with the buttpad had less kick than the .410 with an original saiga buttstock.

I guess I will look for an experienced gunsmith who can 'de-vodka' it then. I am starting to wonder if it would be cheaper to just buy another one that is properly made and start over on the conversion. Its the most enjoyable firearm I own, and the most frustrating because it takes four trys to empty a 20 round drum.