Kvar hand guard + what rails?

I would think your best bet would be to just use the vent holes for the rail which should eliminate drilling at all. Im sure you can drill on the sides and mount it that way if you want to. you would just have to make sure you have clearance. I currently have the handguard but not my S12 as its with Rifle Dynamics at the moment. I mounted a similar rail on the MKA1919 by drilling so im sure those would be fine. I used the CSS rail kit. came with like 2-2" rails and a 4".

Yup they do work -- takes a bit of drill / dremel work but they fit. The only thing I found is that they interfere with grip. I am going to modify things and put a short rail attached where the handguard and sling attachment goes. Think it will improve ergonomics.

Instead of drilling the grip you could buy a section a rail and drill two holes in it and use longer screws in the handgaurd retaining mount or you can sell the K-var grip and go with a factory railed handgaurd.

post-21226-0-50786800-1318451053.jpg

looking to mount flashlight so underside probably isn't realistic..

I love the Kvar grip and want it oh so bad. but it has no official space for a rail, so I cry myself to sleep every night. I too wondered if a rail could be mounted via the vent holes, but it looks like a curved surface so I have doubts. oh and drilling and screwing isn't an option for me, too ghetto.

I love the Kvar grip and want it oh so bad. but it has no official space for a rail, so I cry myself to sleep every night. I too wondered if a rail could be mounted via the vent holes, but it looks like a curved surface so I have doubts. oh and drilling and screwing isn't an option for me, too ghetto.

if it works.. and it is solid.. I don't consider it ghetto.. cool.png

I like how the arsenal one mounts to the block.. but it is just really ugly..

I guess this is a good place to ask. What sort of flashlight do you use that has no problem with the s-12 kick. I know the kick on a 12 gauge and any non led light are not going to get along well.

will likely run a Surefire.. that is what I have run on my other guns.. surefire in a vltor mount has been nice.. never had one on my S12.. but the recoil doesn't seem all that horrible? open to suggestions..

Regarding shotgun recoil and a light. I had a NEBO ProTec HP190 on my Saiga and it lasted 12 shots and the LED unit disassembled itself. The dealer replaced it but said no more. So what kind of light will take the recoil?

Castalia

Edited by Castalia
  • Like 1

Regarding shotgun recoil and a light. I had a NEBO ProTec HP190 on my Saiga and it lasted 12 shots and the LED unit disassembled itself. The dealer replaced it but said no more. So what kind of light will take the recoil?

Castalia

since surefire sells lights specifically to be used on pump guns.. I am going to go out on a limb and assume they would handle the light recoil of an S12..

just going to go with the arsenal rail that mounds on the gas block.. might cut it down a hair so it is a little smaller..

Or, you could just fabricate something like this from a cheap section of rail to use with the Arsenal handguard retainer, for a cleaner, more factory look:

(stole pics from another forum)

Cut rail to desired length, countersink holes for screws:

photo40-1.jpg

photo39.jpg

photo38.jpg

Edited by KC913

Or, you could just fabricate something like this from a cheap section of rail to use with the Arsenal handguard retainer, for a cleaner, more factory look:

photo40-1.jpg

winner.jpg

now that's whats I'm talking about!

photo40-1.jpg

That's nice. That would be perfect if you just wanted to mount a light.

photo40-1.jpg

photo39.jpg

photo38.jpg

I actually had considered picking up the arsenal rail and cutting like 3 sections of rail off the front.. (I dont need all that rail in front of the gas block..)

but was not sure how it would come out.. still leaning towards that at the moment..

I am sure I could cut off the front 3.. but not sure if I should leave at least a couple pieces of rail to stabilize it in the front.. leaving 3 screws total..

saiga_12_rail_system_arsenal_2.jpg

Edited by vladtepes